The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   Ladies Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/ladies-fly-fishing-forum/)
-   -   Help Casting for Recovery (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/ladies-fly-fishing-forum/62095-help-casting-recovery.html)

Frank Whiton 10-19-2010 03:25 PM

Help Casting for Recovery

Hi Everyone,

NAFFF has been a long time supporter of Casting for Recovery. I have received a request to help CFR win a $250,000 grant from Pepsi. Below you can read the procedure to vote for CFR in this grant competition. Not just the ladies should be interested in helping CFR. There are very few of us who don't have a family member or a friend who has had Breast Cancer. The psychological impact of a breast cancer survivor can be great and CFR helps these ladies with fly fishing. Please take the time to vote and vote as much as you can. There is no cost or obligation to vote.

Following is the Email I received from Casting for Recovery.

Hello, I'm wondering if I could ask for the assistance of you and your members to help a non-profit flyfishing organization called "Casting for Recovery" ( Casting for Recovery )by simply voting in a Pepsi grant contest? It's completely free and will only take a minute of your members' time. CFR offers flyfishing lessons and retreats to women who have breast cancer. The movement of flyfishing naturally is beneficial therapy for that type of surgery, and the experience of introducing those who have gone through the trauma of breast cancer to nature helps in the emotional healing process as well. If you and your members can help, here is the information sent to me by Susan Gaetz of CFR:

Casting for Recovery (CFR) has moved up to #4 in the Pepsi Refresh $250,000
grant contest. If we can make it to the 1st or 2nd spot by Oct. 31st, CFR
will win! Please help CFR win this grant and continue to improve the lives
of breast cancer survivors. Thanks! Susan

Please vote DAILY . You can cast three votes a day: online, text and on
Facebook.

1. ONLINE
Go to: Provide hope and healing retreats for women breast cancer surviors. | Pepsi Refresh Everything
You'll have to LOGIN the first time you vote
(Only vote for CFR in the $250,000 category)
You can then SHARE on Facebook or Twitter!

2. PHONE TEXT
Text to 73774 (Pepsi)
Then type 101715 (this is CFR's number)

3. FACEBOOK
Go to:
Pepsi Refresh Voting App on Facebook
3599ef1a003?ref=mf

Login to Facebook
Download the App
Vote for Casting for Recovery
Click "Share"

Hardyreels 10-19-2010 04:18 PM

Re: Help Casting for Recovery

I'm on board with this Frank. This is what took my Mother at a young age.

Ard

[Edit] My Vote Is In; not too hard to figure out people, choose 'Health' as the catagory and then 'Current leaders' to find Casting For recovery.

wt bash 10-19-2010 09:19 PM

I'm onboard, while at the bi-annual stocking of a home town creek with my local TU Chapter we had the chance to meet a few women from CFR in our area. My girlfriend is a survivor and we got involved and participated in a ladies only day, me as a "net boy". It was a great time and its alot easier to teach a woman to cast then it is any man!!! LOL Truly a great organization and good on NAFFF for bring it up!

mcnerney 10-20-2010 09:17 AM

Frank: Great idea! I've voted.

Larry

mrs_fysh 12-07-2010 09:10 PM

Just wanted to bump this...

Voting is still open, you can vote everyday.