The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   Ladies Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/ladies-fly-fishing-forum/)
-   -   Hello from London (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/ladies-fly-fishing-forum/6628-hello-london.html)

banu 11-23-2008 01:20 PM

Hello from London

Hi to all,

I am a 45 year old mother of 2 (boys) fairly new to fly fishing.

So far I have fished a few reservoirs for rainbows (with limited success) and the River Anton (chalk stream in Hampshire) for greyling (with lots of success :icon_bigg).

I am truly hooked! Look forward to being a member of this forum.

mcnerney 11-23-2008 02:45 PM

Re: Hello from London

Welcome to the forum and the great sport of fly fishing!
You will find a wealth of information on this forum, just read the FAQ's and don't be afraid to ask.

I haven't fished greyling since I lived in Alaska. Fishing small dry flies for greyling can be exciting.

Larry

devon flyfisher 11-23-2008 02:48 PM

Hello from Exeter!
They are a friendly and very helpful bunch on this forum, and very active female section.
By the way, if you can catch Grayling you should catch stillwater trout without any problem at all.
Cheers
Richard

kelkay 11-24-2008 10:15 AM

Glad to have you on board here. There are a great bunch of folks on here. I have never gone after grayling, but think it would be cool. I fish for bass, trout, crappie, bream (sunfish) etc..

Jimmie 11-24-2008 11:04 AM

:welcomean banu

mikeo 11-24-2008 12:59 PM

Welcome aboard!!!!

tgoodwater2002 02-26-2009 08:53 AM

Glad to see another lady join the club!! There are lots of good and talanted people on here. You'll have to post some pics of those fish you are catching up there if you can. I would like to see them!

Glad to have ya!

Tammy

kelkay 02-27-2009 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by banu (Post 39273)
Hi to all,

I am a 45 year old mother of 2 (boys) fairly new to fly fishing.

So far I have fished a few reservoirs for rainbows (with limited success) and the River Anton (chalk stream in Hampshire) for greyling (with lots of success :icon_bigg).

I am truly hooked! Look forward to being a member of this forum.

Banu we are glad to have ya. I am a 49 year old mom myself. (two teens) I fish mainly warmwater. I have gone trout fishing in Broken Bow, Ok before last October. I have been fly fishing only one year now, and am an avid fly tyer as well.

flies pictures by Kelkay59 - Photobucket

Here are just a few of the flies I have made so far. Sorry about picture quality.

dmwphoto 02-27-2009 07:49 AM

Welcome aboard! It will be fun to share your hobby with your 2 children as they grow. Look forward to your interaction here.

hairsearnymph 03-06-2009 06:01 AM

Welcome! Glad your here!