The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   Ladies Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/ladies-fly-fishing-forum/)
-   -   Need Pink Fly line!!!!! (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/ladies-fly-fishing-forum/98039-need-pink-fly-line.html)

gbfowler 01-28-2011 10:10 PM

Need Pink Fly line!!!!!

I am looking for some pink fly line in a 6wt, all I can seem to find is the Teeny casting for recovery line.... Just wondering if anyone has seen one, doesent matter if its a freshwater or saltwater line!! Please help as valentines day is around the corner and im sure she would love to have it for out trip to the keys!

Thanks a bunch!! :D

caseywise 01-29-2011 12:56 AM

Re: Need Pink Fly line!!!!!

i'm in the hunt as well. i did find pink backing through a sh-t storm;) of searching however.

purple is another request that has been given.:D:D

casey

Guest1 01-29-2011 01:25 AM

You may not be able to outright but a pink or purple line, but you can have one nevertheless. Buy a white line and dye it. Snowbee makes a few white lines, and I am not sure, but Trevor Morgan may make a floating single hand line that's white. I own some of his spey lines with white heads. The snowbee link is here;
Fly Lines

Trevor Morgan link here;
Trevor Morgan FlyFishing - Exclusive Javelin Fly Line

If you need information on how to dye lines just let me know.

Dan

caseywise 01-29-2011 02:03 AM

great idea, i'll try it. if you tell me how!:D:D;)

caseys wife

Guest1 01-29-2011 03:35 AM

There are a few methods out there. This is Borgers;
http://www.garyborger.com/2009/11/06/dying-fly-lines/

Be very careful how long you leave the line in, and how hot the dye is. Fly line will melt.

cattech89 01-29-2011 12:21 PM

Justin at Allen Fly Fishing used to have some white lines available. With his prices you could buy two or three in case the first one doesnt turn out right. Then you both could have pink lines.....:D

gbfowler 01-30-2011 01:47 AM

This is what I get for getting her into fly fishing....:confused: She's been asking me to build her a pink rod, and I thought I was expensive.....:wow:

---------- Post added at 12:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 AM ----------

guys, If you think its a good idea to get your significant other into fly fishing remember that that may be your only time to be sane.......:D Im not so sure how I feel about owning a pink rod, something just seems wrong.

FISHN50 01-30-2011 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gbfowler (Post 201257)
This is what I get for getting her into fly fishing....:confused: She's been asking me to build her a pink rod, and I thought I was expensive.....:wow:

---------- Post added at 12:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 AM ----------

guys, If you think its a good idea to get your significant other into fly fishing remember that that may be your only time to be sane.......:D Im not so sure how I feel about owning a pink rod, something just seems wrong.

If you find a pink 3 or 4 wt blank, let me know. My granddaughter would love it. She's 4 & already has the pink Dora Rod, a pink 22 & now if I could find it a pink rod, pink dyed flyline & pink reel would be great for her 5th birthday..

Neil

gbfowler 01-30-2011 12:01 PM

I know Elkhorn makes one and so does st croix, Ive been contemplating the st croix... its in fuschia and is available in 3-9 weight in pink.

smudger564 01-31-2011 07:06 PM

Hi Ladies, I don't know if you have found the answer yet? But, you can check this chap out.

Based in the UK and is Internationally known. His Name is Peter Cockwill, whom some may know.

He does stock Pink or Purple fly lines by Jim Teeny in sizes from #6 to #8. Plus he also has pink rods too.

Check the link for more info and contact him, Ok.

Best Regards

Stuart:)

Albury Game Angling: TFO Fly Rods