The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Ladies Fly Fishing Forum

Ladies Fly Fishing Forum For Ladies Only. Chat with other women in fly fishing. Girls just want to have fun too...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2011, 10:10 PM

gbfowler will become famous soon enough
Post Need Pink Fly line!!!!!

I am looking for some pink fly line in a 6wt, all I can seem to find is the Teeny casting for recovery line.... Just wondering if anyone has seen one, doesent matter if its a freshwater or saltwater line!! Please help as valentines day is around the corner and im sure she would love to have it for out trip to the keys!

Thanks a bunch!!
Old 01-29-2011, 12:56 AM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise
Default Re: Need Pink Fly line!!!!!

i'm in the hunt as well. i did find pink backing through a sh-t storm of searching however.

purple is another request that has been given.

casey

ARFE
Old 01-29-2011, 01:25 AM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

You may not be able to outright but a pink or purple line, but you can have one nevertheless. Buy a white line and dye it. Snowbee makes a few white lines, and I am not sure, but Trevor Morgan may make a floating single hand line that's white. I own some of his spey lines with white heads. The snowbee link is here;
Fly Lines

Trevor Morgan link here;
Trevor Morgan FlyFishing - Exclusive Javelin ģ Fly Line

If you need information on how to dye lines just let me know.

Dan
Old 01-29-2011, 02:03 AM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

great idea, i'll try it. if you tell me how!

caseys wife

ARFE
Old 01-29-2011, 03:35 AM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

There are a few methods out there. This is Borgers;
http://www.garyborger.com/2009/11/06/dying-fly-lines/

Be very careful how long you leave the line in, and how hot the dye is. Fly line will melt.
Old 01-29-2011, 12:21 PM

cattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to all

Justin at Allen Fly Fishing used to have some white lines available. With his prices you could buy two or three in case the first one doesnt turn out right. Then you both could have pink lines.....

It's not what I catch when I'm fishing, it's what I lose that matters to me...
----------------------------------------
Good decisions come from experience...Experience comes from bad decisions...
Old 01-30-2011, 01:47 AM

This is what I get for getting her into fly fishing.... She's been asking me to build her a pink rod, and I thought I was expensive.....

---------- Post added at 12:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 AM ----------

guys, If you think its a good idea to get your significant other into fly fishing remember that that may be your only time to be sane....... Im not so sure how I feel about owning a pink rod, something just seems wrong.
Old 01-30-2011, 09:59 AM

FISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbfowler View Post
This is what I get for getting her into fly fishing.... She's been asking me to build her a pink rod, and I thought I was expensive.....

---------- Post added at 12:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 AM ----------

guys, If you think its a good idea to get your significant other into fly fishing remember that that may be your only time to be sane....... Im not so sure how I feel about owning a pink rod, something just seems wrong.

If you find a pink 3 or 4 wt blank, let me know. My granddaughter would love it. She's 4 & already has the pink Dora Rod, a pink 22 & now if I could find it a pink rod, pink dyed flyline & pink reel would be great for her 5th birthday..

Neil
Old 01-30-2011, 12:01 PM

I know Elkhorn makes one and so does st croix, Ive been contemplating the st croix... its in fuschia and is available in 3-9 weight in pink.
Old 01-31-2011, 07:06 PM

smudger564 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to smudger564

Hi Ladies, I don't know if you have found the answer yet? But, you can check this chap out.

Based in the UK and is Internationally known. His Name is Peter Cockwill, whom some may know.

He does stock Pink or Purple fly lines by Jim Teeny in sizes from #6 to #8. Plus he also has pink rods too.

Check the link for more info and contact him, Ok.

Best Regards

Stuart

Albury Game Angling: TFO Fly Rods