The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2009, 08:16 PM

mojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant future
Default Re: Please vote for this Fishergirl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicki Fishergirl View Post
Hoping all you outdoorsmen and women will support this avid fishergirl from Canada in a local contest. The contest is on WFN (World Fishing Network) to win a guided fishing trip and be "adopted" by the network. I have fished many rivers and lakes in Canada but would love the opportunity to expand my base and learn more about this great pastime!

Fishing is my passion! Always has been hope you will vote and keep this fisher girls in the top 10:

Vicki's Photo :: Adopt an Angler | World Fishing Network

Thanks so much
I want to see more pictures of you fishing before I vote. I want to see some fish at the end of your line.
Old 07-02-2009, 09:03 PM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Vicki,
I voted for you. It looks like you got bumped up to third place. Good luck with your contest.

MP

PS If you show yourself fishing with a 2 handed rod or holding a huge trout, I'll vote again with my other e-mail addresses.
Old 07-02-2009, 09:17 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Vicky: I voted for you, good luck.

Larry
Old 07-02-2009, 10:01 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

X. Good Luck!

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 07-05-2009, 05:06 PM

vicki fishergirl will become famous soon enough

hahahahha - thanks everyone. Totally appreciated. I actually just got bumped to fourth - so I am going to impose and ask for you to keep voting if you can. Still have a couple weeks left!!!!!

Just hit the link below and put in as many email addresses as you can! You can vote from each email address every 24 hours!!!! Thanks everyone - Vicki's Photo :: Adopt an Angler | World Fishing Network
Old 07-05-2009, 05:15 PM

DryFlyGuy has a spectacular aura aboutDryFlyGuy has a spectacular aura aboutDryFlyGuy has a spectacular aura about

Well I like the view from where I am standing. I voted.
Old 07-05-2009, 11:54 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: This Canadian Fishergirl needs your vote for WFN contest

I see you have opened a second thread in an effort to garner more support. Strange behavior for a new member indeed.

I'm with Mojo on this issue.

I hate to sound like the Grinch who stole Christmas but........... I need to see the waders, the rods, the flies, the vest, and know that you are really a fly fisher not just someone posting to our forum asking for support. A second thought I had regarding this post is; why would a TV outfit in Canada even consider Internet votes from Americans? I feel this should be an internal matter for Canadians to decide.

Sorry if this seems negative, it is.

Ard

As for girls in shorts with rods in hand, I know some of our female members fish because they have posted photos of themselves with their new float tubes and etc.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 07-06-2009, 12:14 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute

No I did not notice that this was posted in the Ladies Forum prior to my post. Sorry about the transgression but I stand by my statement.

Ard

Old 07-06-2009, 10:39 AM

kelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to behold

Lots of women do fly fishing now, I am one of them!
Old 07-06-2009, 11:03 AM
Administrator

Hi KelKay,

I have no doubt that you are a fly fisher and I mean no offense to any of our members. I have communicated with many of our female members regarding this sport. My post to the Ladies Forum was made without noticing that it was in fact the Ladies Forum.

Here is a photo of my wife with a sockeye that she caught on her 9' 7wt. Those are her waders and that is her magnum on her hip. We fish in the Bush in bear country that is the reason she was wearing a side arm. I am fully aware that women fly fish.

[IMG]Click the image to open in full size.[/IMG]

However, I was simply airing my thoughts regarding new members who open their account with a request such as this. I will venture a guess that this poster has joined as many on-line groups as possible looking for support and since I saw no other fishing gear in the photo but the rod I have my doubts about the poster. I do have many other pictures of Nancy with various rods and her vest in order to cover the thought that she might just be holding a fish and not really a fly fisher. If you read the post it is not an attack. I simply feel the post was not a contribution to our group.

Regards,

Ard