The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2009, 11:46 AM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton
Default Re: Please vote for this Fishergirl!

Hi to all,

I have combined these two threads in the Lodge Den. This thread has very little to do with fishing. The lady asking for votes joined NAFFF to ask us to vote for her. I guess it is up to each member if he or she wants to vote. This thread is way past asking if Vicky really fishes. So those who want to vote, please do. Those that don't want to vote, that is OK too. Only time will tell if Vicky sticks around and becomes an active member.

So please lets don't make this a gal/guy discussion. We have many Lady fly fishers and I want all of them to have a good experience on NAFFF. You gotta love lady fly fishers.

Frank

Old 07-06-2009, 04:03 PM

DryFlyGuy has a spectacular aura aboutDryFlyGuy has a spectacular aura aboutDryFlyGuy has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: This Canadian Fishergirl needs your vote for WFN contest

Speaking of women flyfishers, anyone check out the scuttlebutt in the new issue of the Drake?

Ahummuna hummuna.
Old 07-07-2009, 09:26 AM

vicki fishergirl will become famous soon enough

I am so sorry, I did not mean to offend anyone. I appreciate the candor and honesty. I have fished all my life - mainly trolling and casting. When I moved to Calgary about 3 years ago I took up fly fishing becasue the Bow river is more condusive to fly. I am out on the Bow a lot - great river. I have joined a womens fly fishing class which starts next week and I have hired a 'trainer' to help me better my presentation skills. I do have waders, i have lots of gear - but I go by myself and to be honest, this is reallly one of the only pictures I have of me fly fishing - because I am usually alone. I was with my friend Erin that day and she also loves fishing.

Fly fishing really re-invigorated my love for fishing, so when I saw this contest I got really excited - more then I ever have. I am not the most outgoing person in the owrld, so trying to get votes is less then easy. When I was told that all the other top competitors were joining groups, I was surprised - mostly because I did not know these groups even existed. Anyway, i joined the forum because its a fly forum and I hoped to learn more and - yes to try and get votes. I have met many people through this forum who I now keep in contact with through my facebook or email and I am learning from them and will remain a member (thats how I heard about the class I am taking)- but I am fine if we have this thread removed for votes. I do appreciate though everyones support and help! cheers

Thanks everyone. Vicki
Old 07-07-2009, 12:24 PM

Kerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud of
Thumbs up Re: Please vote for this Fishergirl!

Keep on trying Vicki. I have a friend who is one of very few FFF certified women casters in eastern Canada and has her own show, product line, the works. She is also president and co-founder of Casting For Recovery Canada, you just need the determination.
Old 07-08-2009, 11:08 PM

thanks - I will totally check that out - very cool!
Old 07-09-2009, 06:43 AM

mikeo will become famous soon enough

Kathryn Maroun and What A Catch....check it out!!!!
Here's info on the show and her bio from her website:

About the Show
Brave the waters and travel with Kathryn to some of the world’s most remote and exotic destinations in her quest to conquer the top game fish. With What A Catch!, Kathryn pushes the limits of the great outdoors and her personal physical endurance to capture the essence of a true adventure. See Kathryn as she tackles unparalleled challenging elements and extreme wilderness conditions to bring viewers closer to the thrill of the catch.

What A Catch! represents a slice of Kathryn’s own life. From Iceland to the Bahamas, the show takes the viewer on a breathtaking journey to remote countries to explore the prized game fish and the extraordinary surroundings that include panoramic views, and a look into diverse foreign cultures and foods. An encounter with sharks, bouncing a Bass Popper off a Cayman’s head, standing chest deep in Piranha and snake-filled waters… these are just a few of the blood rushing and exciting experiences that Kathryn shares with viewers.

Each episode is filmed in high definition using as many as three HD cameras to capture the majesty of these unchartered waters and vistas. What A Catch! is filmed in exotic locations. Focus on landing a different species of game fish per episode.

About Kathryn
Kathryn Maroun Bio
Executive Producer and Director

One of North America’s most beautiful and skilled outdoor sports persons, Kathryn Maroun is a fly fisher with a mission. From Mongolia to the Bahamas, Kathryn doesn’t fish everyman’s water; she thrives on experiencing the thrill of fishing in the most remote and exotic locales around the world. In her pursuit of the top game fish and her need for adventure, she has fished in the four corners of the globe and has caught and released some of the most prized species of game fish on earth.

Kathryn is the only woman in the province of Ontario to be certified as a casting instructor by the international body of Federation of Fly Fishers and is one of only three Canadian women certified in the sport. She has competed for Canada on the world’s stage. Kathryn has been hard at work training with the world’s top Masters to further enhance her skills to be certified as a Master fly casting instructor herself one day. Kathryn is a strong believer in conserving the fragile ecological balance of Canada’s freshwater resources and has acted as a National Director of Trout Unlimited Canada – an organization that protects and restores Canada’s cold water resource.

Kathryn brings her unique mix of fly fishing expertise combined with her fresh, dynamic personality to entertain television audiences around the world. A dream come true for any director/producer.

With an aim to bring awareness to the wonders of fly fishing and the physical and emotional benefits of the sport, Kathryn has established “Whatacatch.net”, a specialized production company that has created an innovative new adventure fishing show that aired for the first time in April 2005 on the Outdoor Life Network to an audience of over 63 million North Americans. The flagship series aired in the United States – it is unusual for a series to air outside of its own country, but its successful test market in the US was a sign of things to come and launched the series on an international tour the following year. Kathryn is the designer of a stylish clothing line especially designed for women with a penchant for spending time outdoors. Kathryn is a co-founder of Casting for Recovery Canada (Casting For Recovery Canada) – a cause that utilizes fly fishing to aid breast cancer survivors.

CFRC is in it's 5th season and Kathryn is the president of this organization. She uses WAC to get the message out to the public about the benefits of fly fishing and healthy lifestyles. Fishing goes hand in hand with friendships and a balanced lifestyle.

Of course there's also April Vokey (of Fly Max and Fly Nation, not to mention Fly Gals) too....we've got our share of very fine female fly fishers up here in Canada.....hope Vicki gets to add her name to that list by winning this contest
"Fly fishing is solitary, contemplative, misanthropic, scientific in some hands, poetic in others, and laced with aesthetic considerations. It's not even clear if catching fish is actually the point." -John Gierach
Old 07-11-2009, 10:19 AM

Mike thanks so much - you have been such a dedicated supporter and that means a lot! And - that would be cool!!!

Again everyone thanks for supporting me. The contest is only a couple more weeks - so if you have the time, please keep voting! You can vote up to 8 email addresses every 24 hours!

You are all great! Thanks

Vicki
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lll.jpg (9.3 KB, 32 views)
Old 07-13-2009, 09:37 PM

Hey there everyone - I added a video to the WFN contest entry. If you like it, please vote... I have slipped to 5th and I am hoping you can help keep this Alberta fishergirl in!

Thanks so much

Just hit the link below and put in as many email addresses as you can! You can vote from each email address every 24 hours!!!! Thanks everyone - Time of My Life! :: Adopt an Angler | World Fishing Network
Old 07-16-2009, 10:05 PM

Hi there - asking you to keep voting - the numbers are getting very intensely close between 4th place and 10th place. So, please keep this fishergirl in the race!

Appreciate your help!!!!!

Time of My Life! :: Adopt an Angler | World Fishing Network

Hope you like the video!!!!
Old 12-18-2010, 11:01 PM

dicosmoecus is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by arfishinbear View Post
LOL ONLY "Special" Bears
are you a ....LI BEAR TERIAN