The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2009, 12:15 PM

Kerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud of
Default Re: Animal Rights Morons...

Dan I hope you didn't take my post as a chiding. I just wanted to remind everyone that while these Boards/communities are a great place to communicate, the letters to our Gov. Reps are very important for folks in the U.S. I would think, as well as up here in Canada. No insult or slam was intended at all.
Old 09-05-2009, 12:04 PM

Pleccy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuronRiverDan View Post
Wow! Just think if those fishermen had the right under British law to protect themselves from violent physical attack. We need to keep our 2nd Amendment Rights.
If you do defend yourself, be careful as these animal rights nutcases can get NASTY.
Old 09-08-2009, 10:02 AM

HuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to HuronRiverDan

Kerry, I didn't take offense at your comments; they made a very good point. Luke it sounds like the nutjobs there have really gotten out of hand; I think a nice blackjack would become a fishing accessory in the future... Tap one to get the others attention...

Dan
Old 09-08-2009, 10:53 PM

wjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant future

Wow! What a thread. Sound's like the nut cases in England realized that attacking grouse hunters carrying shotguns was not such a good idea when they were armed with bats, sticks and stones; so they went after fishermen instead.

Too bad they didn't go after the snaggers in Pulaski during the King run on the Salmon river. That would have stopped the surviving idiots from pulling stunts like that again.

I don't like the humane society or the spca types either - they are all the same. To train a chesapeake today you probably need a soundproof gym or you'd wind up in prison for cruelty to animals.

As far as eating dogs go, I have eaten them before in Asia, and they are not very good to eat. Dolphin, yellowtail and wahoo are much better.

No government wants its serfs to be able to protect themselves. It that were legal, what would be the rationale for armed government at all levels?

Cheers,
Jim
Old 09-09-2009, 10:21 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

If you think they are bad now, just wait. Obama is attempting to get a new regulatory czar named Cass Sundstein. He thinks it should be illegal to remove a rat from your house if it harms it in any way. Animals should be given lawyers. I really like that one. I hope they stop this guy from being appointed. He is nuttier than an outhouse rat. Geez, I hope I don't get sued by an outhouse rat for that.
Old 09-10-2009, 09:14 AM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diver Dan View Post
If you think they are bad now, just wait. Obama is attempting to get a new regulatory czar named Cass Sundstein. He thinks it should be illegal to remove a rat from your house if it harms it in any way. Animals should be given lawyers. I really like that one. I hope they stop this guy from being appointed. He is nuttier than an outhouse rat. Geez, I hope I don't get sued by an outhouse rat for that.
Dan, try to realize that even if this was true, such outlandish stuff will never fly. The folks blasting Sunstein are doing so because they have a vested ($) interest in drawing as much attention to themselves and their "causes".

Quote:
Law professor and Instapundit blogger Glenn Reynolds, who identifies himself as a libertarian, says Sunstein should be approved.

Do I think Sunstein will push a hunting ban? No. Do I think hes sympathetic to hunting, particularly? No, Reynolds told The Washington Independent. But what Obama appointee is likely to be? As the Van Jones affair indicates, there are a lot of people worthy of more concern than Sunstein. If I were advising Republicans, Id tell them to focus their attentions elsewhere.
http://features.csmonitor.com/politi...ti-czar-bunch/

Quote:
That Sunstein is an animal rights activist is undisputed. For a CNN interview in the late 1990s, he once insisted on being joined on-air by his dog, a Rhodesian Ridgeback named Perry. And LaPierre is correct when he says that Sunstein has talked about allowing animals to sue albeit through a human representative. But we think LaPierre has twisted Sunstein's words. Sunstein wasn't saying you the meat eater could be sued by Porky Pig for eating bacon. But he was saying that if the pig that winds up on your breakfast plate was raised or killed in a way that violates existing animal cruelty laws, then someone ought to be able to sue the processor on the pig's behalf. That's all, folks.
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...e-sue-behalf-/

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.
Old 09-10-2009, 06:10 PM

mojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant future

What's the big deal about animals sueing us.
It's been done for years now. Just look up lawyers in the phone book and you'll see pages and pages of jackass's that dress up in suits and ties. I think that goes for politicians too. Jackasses and chimps.
Old 09-10-2009, 06:35 PM

rag will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diver Dan View Post
Well the guy is in. He wants to ban hunting. How? Heap regulations on the sport such as taxes on licenses, ammo, special permits, limits on seasons, limits on where hunting, etc.
Fishing is a target. The wacky left wing has their man in office and they are coming out of the woodwork.
Farmers in Calif are being put out of business by shutting off water for some minnow.
Watch for grain tax to cut down on beef production, meat packing regulations, etc.
Obama promised to bankrupt the coal fired power plants by increasing regulations. We get 50% of our power generation from coal.
The inmates are running the nut house.
We are in very, very serious trouble.
Old 09-10-2009, 08:31 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCliff View Post
Dan, try to realize that even if this was true, such outlandish stuff will never fly.
It's absolutely true and it just flew. The harm that a guy like this can do in just a few years can be devastating and last for decades. Guess where the country is headed. I'll give you a hint.....It's going there in a hand cart.
Old 09-10-2009, 08:46 PM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by rag View Post
Well the guy is in. He wants to ban hunting. How? Heap regulations on the sport such as taxes on licenses, ammo, special permits, limits on seasons, limits on where hunting, etc.
Fishing is a target. The wacky left wing has their man in office and they are coming out of the woodwork.
Farmers in Calif are being put out of business by shutting off water for some minnow.
Watch for grain tax to cut down on beef production, meat packing regulations, etc.
Obama promised to bankrupt the coal fired power plants by increasing regulations. We get 50% of our power generation from coal.
The inmates are running the nut house.
We are in very, very serious trouble.
Yeah, yeah, and the homo's are gonna take yer guns too.

Ever looked into the ridiculous amounts of subsidies the beef industry gets? Eliminate all those handouts from the government and the stuff would roughly double in price.

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.