The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2009, 10:08 AM

Sep is a glorious beacon of lightSep is a glorious beacon of lightSep is a glorious beacon of lightSep is a glorious beacon of lightSep is a glorious beacon of lightSep is a glorious beacon of light
Default To My New Fishing Buddy

Click the image to open in full size.

You don't know it yet, young master Carter, but your grandpa is ready to take you fishing. Yes, he knows you are only a few hours old, but don't worry. He'll wait.

Grandpa wants you to enjoy this time when all that is important in life is that you eat heartily, sleep soundly, and poop with gusto. (In truth, he envies you this simple existence). But as soon as your world expands, you and he can get started. You can begin with Dr. Suess' One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish, only in Grandpa's version the redfish are tailing and the bluefish are swimming with their playmates Manny Mackeral and Fattie Albie.

When you are old enough to take to the lake, Grandpa has a Zebco all ready for those first bluegill and when you start school he has spinning tackle that will widen your fishing horizons along with your educational ones. And, when the time is right, he'll have the fly rods. (Grandma already thinks he has enough for the two of you, but we'll see). They will take you and Grandpa to some pretty special places and provide you some life affirming moments, hiking, camping, standing in clear mountain water, enjoying the majesty of our natural heritage. Grandpa and your parents may have some work to do to keep these places untouched for you and your generation, but it's an effort well worth undertaking.

Grandpa looks forward to the day when you will fish as peers, sharing the water as friends, outside of any patriarchal barriers. And, in time, perhaps, the tables will turn and you will be the one taking Grandpa fishing. A graceful transition, the transfer of maturity and ability that we all must endure. He'd only ask that you do the same, one day, with your son, and his.

But in the event that fishing does not turn out to be what you wish to do, that other interests bring you more joy, that's okay too. Grandpa only asks that you be happy with your life and joyful in your moments. It's the very best he could wish for you.

Welcome, grandson.
Old 10-16-2009, 01:31 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: To My New Fishing Buddy

Very nice thoughts, you will be a wonderful Grandfather Sep.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 10-16-2009, 02:05 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Nice pic Sep and lovely baby!What a beautiful message you've written for him!
Old 10-16-2009, 04:52 PM

Auntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to all

What a wonderful note to your new grandbaby! Please make sure to print it out and put it in his baby book (do they still do baby books?) or at least somewhere that he'll be able to read it, and show it to his first grandbaby!
Congrats to the entire family!
Old 10-17-2009, 11:37 AM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Hi Sep,

I know you must be very proud. But gosh, you got to do better than a Zebco.

Future fly fisher.

Frank
Old 10-17-2009, 04:54 PM

HuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to HuronRiverDan

Sep, He looks like a Keeper... Great Welcoming letter to your New Grandson... You definitely need to put that in His babybook... Really Great sentiments...

Dan
Old 10-23-2009, 04:40 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations Sep and to your family also.

"Whoever said happiness comes with sunshine, has never known a Steelhead fisherman who prays for Fall rains."

Old 10-23-2009, 08:34 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Sep: Great report and I love the photo of your grandson! My grandson is almost 2, I can't wait until we get to go fishing together.

Larry
Old 10-23-2009, 10:13 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

I thought it was an Al Pacino movie..."say hello to my little friend"

What a doll! Jealous!
Old 10-24-2009, 08:50 PM

Sep is a glorious beacon of lightSep is a glorious beacon of lightSep is a glorious beacon of lightSep is a glorious beacon of lightSep is a glorious beacon of lightSep is a glorious beacon of light

THANKS everyone!!!

Cute kid indeed. He has my hair, which explains where it went.

Sep