The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2009, 02:35 PM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coffee....

Outhouse Blend - I like the name. I may just have to try some.

MP
Old 10-29-2009, 03:28 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCliff View Post
The best I've found is Ruta Maya's Medium Roast. I was quite surprised and pleased to find it at my local Costco for about $8/lb. http://rutamaya.net/store/
Cliff,
The next time I'm in Costco I'll look for it.
Nothing like fresh ground is there....

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm probably wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

http://www.wasatchguideservice.com/

Old 10-29-2009, 09:31 PM

FISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to behold

I'm spoiled . We have a Kuerig & I just use the K cups. My favorites are " Jet Fuel & Donut Shop Blends.. At the cabin I use an old aluminum pot & make "Camp Coffee" with whatever we have. A little egg makes the worst or cheapest coffee taste good.
Old 12-13-2012, 10:14 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Here's a little bump for a thread started long ago, maybe we have some more coffee drinkers around now that will add their flav' o the day.

Been drinking Gevalia 'Colombian' lately myself.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm probably wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 12-13-2012, 10:34 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

i drink "redbull" blend
excellent stuff.
il_wi_fishing likes this.

ARFE
Old 12-13-2012, 10:39 PM

il_wi_fishing has a spectacular aura aboutil_wi_fishing has a spectacular aura about

In the houseright now have Starbucks k-cups bought on sale

Every morning though I stop for coffee and it seems McDonald's and panera have the strongest. For me it is only one cup in the morning and I like it like jet fuel. My parents will drink the stuff all day even switch to decaf at night. That's seems to me too much of a good thing. Think of how bad a cafine headache they must get if they don't have that first cup in the morning.

Illinois Wisconsin Fishing
Old 12-13-2012, 10:43 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

Quote:
Originally Posted by il_wi_fishing View Post
In the houseright now have Starbucks k-cups bought on sale

Every morning though I stop for coffee and it seems McDonald's and panera have the strongest. For me it is only one cup in the morning and I like it like jet fuel. My parents will drink the stuff all day even switch to decaf at night. That's seems to me too much of a good thing. Think of how bad a cafine headache they must get if they don't have that first cup in the morning.

lol!
my dad used to drink 6 pots a day, now he's onto black tea....might be my next move

ARFE
Old 12-13-2012, 10:53 PM
Super Moderator

I remember one day when I was a teenager working with my dad during summer break, we'd take a break in the afternoon and head to 7-11 for a drink, me a coke, him a cup of hot black coffee. One day I asked him how he could drink something that hot when it was over 100 degrees outside, he told me that it cooled him better than the cold coke I was drinking, never understood that. No matter what he loved his coffee, several cups a day. He's since passed on(10 years now), while others take flowers to his grave......I take him a big cup of hot black coffee from 7-11. It's what he'd want.
imxer, mcnerney and theboz like this.

Old 12-13-2012, 11:41 PM

theboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant future

Grew up on 7-11 coffee . Moved to PA no 7-11s had to switch to WaWa coffee. Now when I go back to NY and have 7-11 I miss my WaWa coffee!
As far as brewed at home got to be fredh ground Eight O'clock coffee. Used to be A&Ps private label coffee but when they closed other markets picked up the Eight O'clock cause it was such a great seller !
Nothing beats stream water to make a camp pot of their coffee with camp breakfast! Except the fishing before breakfast!

---------- Post added at 12:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 AM ----------

Fysh I bring my Dad a bottle of Spaten in lieu of flowers.
fysh likes this.
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 12-14-2012, 03:56 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

'theboz' dug this one up but I have a fresh comment. Outhouse, that reminds me of a funny story about a guy from Utah and a roll of Bounty.
fysh likes this.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;