The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2009, 11:03 PM

raindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud of
Default So....

What's everyone's Libations of choice?

Me? I prefer a good Pale Ale, or IPA, or ESB when I'm looking for refreshment.

When the weather turns cold, I turn towards a nice single malt scotch-- (Oban as a 'budget' choice, Lagavalin for the special occasions.)
Old 11-08-2009, 09:15 AM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: So....

Click the image to open in full size.

Just kiddin'
I make a good deal of my own.....20 plus years
Homebrew, country wines, and more recently something a little stronger
I'm not a snob about it though
I'll drink Ezra Williams bourbon and Miller High Life just as often as anything else
Old 11-08-2009, 12:47 PM

raindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud of

I am most definitely a snob about my drink.

Actually, I don't really know what constitutes a snob? I don't pass judgment on those who are drinking something other than what I prefer. Nor do I ***** and moan when I am drinking something else-- (For example: A guy's weekend away and we have 'community' coolers usually full of Michelob Lite/ Bud light- etc.)

But, If I had my 'druthers, I'druther a pale ale. That is all.

I do have a friend who home-makes wine.... And by wine, I mean the strongest, meanest intoxication method I've ever had.....

Homebrewing is something I would like to get into-- Although, since I like hops I suspect I would make a reeeaaaalllllyyy bad beer and just cover how awful it is with bitters.
Old 11-08-2009, 05:32 PM

TB3 is on a distinguished road

For me it depends on time of year and location. When it's chilly, or when I'm out west, I tend to drink dark beers- mostly porters and stouts. During the hot, humid summers we have here, I prefer unfiltered wheat, Pale Ales, or Belgian style beers.

I like midrange bourbon, lower proof bourbon (80 proof suits me well). Basil Hayden's and Four Roses being too of my favorites. I drank too much of the cheap stuff in college, and just a whiff of the stuff gets me gagging.

As far as wine, I dig blackberry- the dark, locally made stuff that etches purple streaks in the enamel of your teeth
Old 11-08-2009, 09:17 PM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future

I like all sorts of great beers, ranging from New Belgium's Mothership Wit to Stone's Arrogant *******. I also will drink cheap stuff when available, but I completely fail to understand why Bud Light is the top selling beer in the country.

For bourbon, I love Knob Creek but usually buy and enjoy Weller, for Scotch I'm big on Aberlour 15 but generally buy Famous Grouse.

I enjoy lots of wines, but rarely chardonnay's or merlot's. Spanish reds and shiraz blends tend to appeal most.

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.
Old 11-08-2009, 09:22 PM

TB3 is on a distinguished road

Ah for cheap, mass-produced beer, I'll take a Stag. Or Milwaukee's Best : )