The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2011, 07:06 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Do You Have The Time or How Bout Your Watch.......

It seems that many of us have an affinity for knives because all of the 'knife talk' threads have had lots of traffic so........... Next to pocket and clip knives many people also like to have a wristwatch or two, some may have many so I thought I'd start a conversation about the wristwatch. There was a point in life where I eschewed wearing a 'watch' because I wanted to ignore the concept of time but even then I had a quiet admiration for them. Like many things, that passed and I no longer feel that wearing a watch makes me a slave to "the system" so I wear one often. I have 6 of them at this time, how bout you? There's the work watch, the dress watch, and the outdoor watch, and of course the watch that you can't explain why you thought you needed it also

Excuse me, do you have the time.........

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 05-06-2011, 07:18 PM

sandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Do You Have The Time or How Bout Your Watch.......

Dakota fishing watch, thermometer, compass, light, hook sharpening, etc.
N.J.B.B.A. #2215

I did not escape.....they gave me a day pass!
from the outer edge of nowhere
fly tying and fishing Gillie..
Old 05-06-2011, 07:25 PM

araitim is just really nicearaitim is just really nicearaitim is just really nicearaitim is just really nice

I too enjoy watches but i don’t wear them unless im trying to be fancy.
i currently have a Breil, Bulova(imo junk), Jules Jurgensen, Fossil and a Lucky Brand. As far as quality go’s, my Lucky Brand watch is the best watch i own. It winds as you move, has a multi jeweled movement and clear windows to see it all work. The Bulova was a anniversary watch i received from my employer and after taking the back off was disgusted. The Breil is one of my favorite to wear, i just love the way it looks but it is a battery watch and i prefer jeweled movement. The Jules Jurgensen is gold with diamonds in it so it only comes out on the rarest of occasions. The Fossil was given to me and although i am great full to have received it, iv never worn it.
Old 05-06-2011, 08:14 PM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute

I am not a jewelry buff, but I do enjoy fine watches. I have a Breitling Jupiter Aviator, an Omega Speedmaster, and my favorite, an old Seiko that was my grandfather's.

Dennis
Old 05-06-2011, 09:50 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Good to know I'm not alone with the watch fancy, funny how some are favored over others. I have a very old Casio G Shock from when they were the new thing; a 1970 Seiko automatic that I really like; a second Seiko President model, a 1990 Swiss Army with the red bezel band, a Citizen Eco Drive moon phase chronograph, and a gold TAG Heuer Link with black face and two tone link style band. I wear the Swiss army, Citizen, and TAG the most. The Swiss is my favorite I think.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 05-06-2011, 11:27 PM

mudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to behold

My cell phone tells me what time it is.

I do have a Casio G-Shock that I wear when camping to use as a reference and alarm clock.
Old 05-07-2011, 03:38 AM

innes is a splendid one to beholdinnes is a splendid one to beholdinnes is a splendid one to beholdinnes is a splendid one to beholdinnes is a splendid one to beholdinnes is a splendid one to beholdinnes is a splendid one to behold

Suunto Vector is my day to day watch. I put a Zagg Shield on it because it has a plastic face. Otherwise it does everything I need for field work and recreation. It has an altimeter, barometer, compass. I also have a Swiss Army that has held up pretty well for the last 15 years.
Old 05-07-2011, 04:29 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Do You Have The Time or How Bout Your Watch.......

Good call Ard, good call. Don't think I've ever seen this question come up anywhere.

My watch of choice on my wrist is on its third/fourth battery? A casio "Telememo 30." WP to 30', two types of stop watches, built in memory for phone numbers, 5 alarm clocks, and God only knows what else.

Thing has been bullet proof.

fae
Old 05-07-2011, 09:44 AM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Timex, Baby, Timex!

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 05-07-2011, 10:04 AM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

I seem to keep my watches until they no longer work. Sooner or later I get around to tossing them. When I worked there was the Seiko dress watch. Always had a Timex for the woods. Now that I am retired the Casio Wave Ceptor is my for everything watch. The Wave Ceptor is great that it gets set every night automatically. For me digital is the only way to go. I would never know what day it was with out my Casio.

Frak