The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2011, 05:36 PM

Davo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Davo Send a message via Skype™ to Davo
Default Re: Hot, hot,hot!

Quit bragging it's still snowing in Wyoming. They say winter ended but I'm not buying it!!

Upstream Anglers and Outdoor Adventures
Old 05-31-2011, 05:50 PM
Glen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davo View Post
Quit bragging it's still snowing in Wyoming. They say winter ended but I'm not buying it!!
I understand the first day of Spring is June 22nd.
Attention New Fly Fishers and those just wanting to improve- Join a Fly Fishing Club. They have classes on every aspect of fly fishing for beginners to advanced for free or cheaper than offered elsewhere. Some offer mentor programs. You will make friends with other fly fishers. Clubs often have outings in which members pay special group rates for guides or to fish prime private access areas.
Old 05-31-2011, 05:59 PM

Davo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Davo Send a message via Skype™ to Davo

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyBum View Post
I understand the first day of Spring is June 22nd.
LOL!! If we're lucky

Upstream Anglers and Outdoor Adventures
Old 06-01-2011, 07:59 AM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of

I dunno, I think it feels pretty fantastic out. Perfect weather for wading.

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 06-01-2011, 02:19 PM

stimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud of

It's been in the 90'shere in WNC the past two days went from 60s and 70s to 90 in two days .
Old 06-03-2011, 10:23 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

90 here today. i think summer has arrived spring was non exictant as was the normal warm water spawn patterns that im used to.
i'll giver hell though!

casey

ARFE
Old 06-04-2011, 12:33 AM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

Well send it this way. Two days ago I was wearing a T-shirt, sweatshirt and fleece lined vest till 4 in the afternoon when it finally warmed up enough to ditch the vest. Today is the first day in a month I actually could open a window. I'm freezing my keester off up here. It would be really good to get it warm up in the North for another reason. Every time it stays cold up here and warms up down South there are a ton of tornados. I think I've had enough of the cold, and I'm sure you guys to the South have had enough of the tornados..
Old 06-04-2011, 03:43 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

I feel your pain DD, I feel your pain. Yesterday morning we 'kissed' 32, across the hill in K-Falls they bottomed out at 27 degrees.

Here, at this time of the year, the average afternoon temp should be in the high 70's. Lots of luck Fred, lots of luck ... add three + inches of rain last week. Mowing my small lawns yesterday totally exhausted me. So damned tired I went to bed at 5:30 PM.

That, unfortunately, had me back up wide awake and bushy tailed at midnight.

fae
Old 06-04-2011, 04:38 AM

Liphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to behold

Hi All
We have an early winter over here,our temps don't get as cold as your's our coldest about -7to -10 degrees/C, 12/F-10/F,our summers 25's about normal,25Degrees C that is about 80 Degrees Farenheit & can get as high as 40 /C about 104/F however earlier in the year when we were about 600 Km away working with Cattle the temp averaged about 38 to 41 /C about 104/F.
A few years ago I was up there just after Christmas,the temp was 48/C
(120/F) 8.30 at night.
I like your Summers,not your Winters.
As Davo has said The Spring hasn't sprung in Wyoming( a Beautiful Place),for us it's the reversal an early winter here.
The Thaw should be well under way,as Ard mentioned The Salmon should be starting to run in Alaska.
I hope the Rivers,Lakes aren't too unfishable with all the crook weather around.
Cheers.
Brian.
Old 06-04-2011, 11:44 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liphookedau View Post
Hi All

I hope the Rivers,Lakes aren't too unfishable with all the crook weather around.
Cheers.
Brian.
Yikes! 120 degrees? Sounds like 'Death Valley' south. This year it's going to get 'interesting' as to when most rivers west of the Mississippi are going to be 'fishable.'

Here's where we've already got flooding going on: USGS WaterWatch -- Streamflow conditions

The light blue indicates the stream/river is at 95-98 percent of 'capacity,' Dark blue indicates river's at flood stage, Black means it's actually flooding.

Hell of it is we haven't even gotten to the stage where all this winters snow pack is into play. The next State to get hammered will be Northern California. In many areas they've had as much as Fifty Foot of snow fall on the ground! Only thing that's 'saving our butts' is the cooler than normal Spring. When that 'goes away,' and it will shortly .... things are going to get damned interesting.

As I've already posted on several occasions, 'If you're anywhere near a river and located on flatish ground ... buy a flood insurance policy.

fae