The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2012, 05:15 AM

JoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Hot, hot,hot!

Tally for Idaho this July: 9 days over 100, 14 days over 90, the rest 80's, I think. Still not so bad as a lot of the rest of the country, since we don't depend on the rain so much for crops. Sad to see the work of our farmers fried out of existence.
No AC in my house. That's why I've not been here so much: Too dang hot most days to be upstairs on the computer from 2 to 10 PM.

"Every [child] has the right to a first fish. On this particular planet, no man is granted a greater privelege than to be present and to assist in the realization of this moment". Bill Heavey
Old 07-29-2012, 10:18 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting tallie JJ. We've been having our normal for my part of the world (high 80's to mid-90's) but the "Well that's interesting" bit on yesterdays weather (TV) report. It's been over 700 days since we've hit 100 degrees.

We've gotten to 99 twice already, but long time since we've broken the 'Century Barrier.'
Old 07-30-2012, 08:06 PM

milt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond repute

71 days of 100 or above so far this year where I live, and we will probably have at least 60 more before the end of October. High temp this year so far... 120, but @ 3% humidity, I'll take that over this monsoon ****. milt.
Old 12-07-2012, 06:49 PM

milt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond repute

Weather Nerd here. I was way off, we only had 59 more days@100 or above for a total of 129. We have had 21 straight days of above average temps, and 32 of the last 40. I read today that 2012 will be the warmest year ever recorded in the U.S.A. Also, the states of CO, WY, and NE had their driest year ever, and many midwestern cities are setting records for consecutive days with no snowfall. Not good news for fishers. milt.
Old 12-07-2012, 06:58 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

that's not good news at all......hopefully those predictions are way off and we'll have a new year better than this one.

ARFE
Old 12-07-2012, 07:08 PM

Three of the record no-snow cities were right in your wheelhouse casey, Omaha, Des Moines, and Chicago! milt.
Old 12-07-2012, 07:46 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

Hotter in the 30's. Look at the 'correcting' they need to do to come up with these statements. Ever hear the statement "Hide the decline"?

I'm freezing my butt off up here. This was the coldest Fall since I moved here. There are icehouses on the river already. I was told four or five days ago there is already 9" of ice on the lake. I have already used an entire tank of propane. That's a new record for me too. I'll be driving on the lake in less than a week, and more than safely as well. It's 4 degrees right this second. Last week it got down to -14 before I went to bed. This is the exact same weather pattern as the 1950's.

Here is another little nugget. Normal for Earth is NO permanent sea ice. Right now is far cooler than normal. The midievel warm period was much warmer than now. CO2 is at a relatively low point for the historical past. Man is responsble for a tiny fraction of less than 1% of CO2. During the Cretaceous it was many many times more CO2 rich than today. It did not send us to doom. It made giant plants and animals. CO2 lags temp increases by about 800 years, not leads. I could go on but I won't. Politics being injected into science is bad for both science and politics.
fredaevans likes this.
Old 12-07-2012, 09:15 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Fun to see this thread has popped to the top again. December 7 and this morning we finally actually dropped to/below 32 for the first time. Morning lows have been in the low 40's and that was that (ton of rain/cloud cover was the why of that).

Temperature PLUNGED, PLUNGED I SAY!!, to 29 this morning.

fae
Old 12-08-2012, 09:55 AM

fishindave is on a distinguished road

Temps. are dropping now....Supposed to be 13 next week...w/ snow...Brrrr.

OH MY! OMAN! 2013
"All I want from life is an unfair advantage" W.C. Fields
Old 06-30-2013, 01:45 AM

Gettin' warm... record high (for the date) here today, 122 degrees. Might crack 130 @ Death Valley tomorrow. milt