The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2013, 02:10 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Hot, hot,hot!

It was 100 at Hewitt Lake on June 17th. I spoke to 2 other people out there with thermometers and we all were at 99.5 or 100* in the shade of the porches and of course much hotter in the sun.

---------- Post added at 11:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 PM ----------

I took this picture while walking along the Talachulitna River this past Tuesday June 25th. I don't know what the temp was but I have never wandered the rivers in sandles & shorts without a shirt before. The waders and other clothing items were not practical that day, maybe 95*.......??

Click the image to open in full size.

Boss enjoyed the water whenever we had to cross from side to side.

Click the image to open in full size.
mcnerney likes this.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 06-30-2013, 02:54 AM

mudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to behold

119 here in PHX today.
Old 06-30-2013, 06:43 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

And I thought it was hot here in western Wyoming, pushing 90 degrees the last couple of days, which for here is unheard of.

Ard: I know it has happened before as I've seen folks out with just shorts and sandels, but is pretty darn rare for Alaska in the summer. Like you said the normal fare is waders and rain jackets a hat and maybe gloves to stay warm.

Old 06-30-2013, 06:44 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by milt spawn View Post
Gettin' warm... record high (for the date) here today, 122 degrees. Might crack 130 @ Death Valley tomorrow. milt
Just watched a 'national weather forecast' for the SW and did a 'Quit whining Fred.' We'll be at 100, but temps in the 125 range? I can't even imagine what heat like that would feel like.

And I don't want to find out. Can you imagine what the inside of your car would feel like? Plastic melting .....
Old 06-30-2013, 06:48 AM

chechem has a spectacular aura aboutchechem has a spectacular aura about

Weird, but it's cool here in Mississippi this morning. A front blew through 2 days ago. This morning it's 62 (chilly).

Sorry for those of you suffering.
stl_geoff likes this.
Old 06-30-2013, 08:30 AM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of

I agree....for once its cold here. 66 when I got up this morning, high is only 75. Usually this time of year its 100. This same time last year we hadn't gotten any rain for a month now and temps were steady in the uppers 90s/100

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 06-30-2013, 08:49 AM

streamborn_jr77 is on a distinguished road

118 in the desert lol there's no fish out here anyways... Except the tuna MRE's
Old 06-30-2013, 10:00 AM

trout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to behold

111 here on the Feather yesterday at late afternoon, the fish weren’t having any of it…gone deep, gone silent.

" It's a blazer out there. You're lucky you got air conditioning in here like mother nature intended."
Cousin Eddie
Vegas Vacation, 1997
milt spawn likes this.
Old 07-03-2013, 06:14 AM

chechem has a spectacular aura aboutchechem has a spectacular aura about

This pattern remains in place, 4 days later. It's still cool here in Mississippi this morning; 63 at 6AM. There is still flooding in the east, and the HOT air mass remains in the west.

Something's got to give. The trout will die at this rate, not to mention the danger to people. "Hello, Lord, you listening?"