The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2010, 07:46 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default To Those Who Have Served America;

As another Memorial Day comes to a close I think of my father and millions more like him who served this country and it's descendants such as myself so unselfishly. From Grandfather Knights time in the Argonne Forrest Battle in 1918 to Dad's landing on the Normandy Coast in June 1944 my ancestors have helped to ensure my personal freedom and rights I enjoy as an American citizen.

I recognize all who have served my country when I say this;

Thank You For Keeping Me Safe.

Old 05-31-2010, 10:25 PM

Jimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant future
Default Re: To Those Who Have Served America;

Nice Ard.

In honor of those fallen.

Old 06-01-2010, 02:08 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Absolutely beautiful,

I have many CD's produced by her father Andre'. After 9-11 He composed a song with accompanying orchestra to honor the ten thousand Unites States soldiers who gave their lives to liberate Holland, and that piece is also beautiful. The conductor Andre' Reiu is Dutch and a great supporter of the USA. When I first heard his tribute to the fallen after 9-11 it brought a tear to the eye.

If I am not mistaken taps was originally composed during the Civil War. The more artistic offereing in this video albeit not true to the U.S. Military version is indeed a friendly gesture from a beneficiary of our European Campaign of the 1940's. I would accept it as it is, a gesture of friendship from abroad.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 06-01-2010, 07:41 AM

HuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to HuronRiverDan

I would like to add my gratitude to All Who Have Served Our Nation...

Dan
Old 06-01-2010, 08:24 AM

yatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuronRiverDan View Post

Dan
X2 - and to the surviving family members of the fallen.
Old 06-01-2010, 08:30 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuronRiverDan View Post

Dan
and landed in Normandy to free us.
Old 06-01-2010, 08:42 AM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future

I'd like to add my gratitude as well.

On Memorial Day, I remember my friend Ben Britt- one of the finest human beings I've ever known. Once my daughter's of age, I'll be steering her towards someone like Ben.

Quote:
Click the image to open in full size.

1st Lt. Benjamin T. Britt
Hometown:Wheeler, Texas, U.S.

Diedecember 22, 2005 in Operation Iraqi Freedom.

Unit:Army, 1st Battalion, 502nd Infantry Regiment, 2nd Brigade Combat Team, 101st Airborne Division, Fort Campbell, Ky.

Incident: Killed when a makeshift bomb exploded near his position during a dismounted patrol in Baghdad.

The younger Britt played in two high school state championship games and one semifinal, was named 1998 first-team, all-state offensive guard and made the 1998 Amarillo Globe-News Football Super Team. Britt also was valedictorian of his class, an Eagle Scout, a saxophone-playing member of the Wheeler High Band and a member of the 1A state-winning literary criticism team.

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.