The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2010, 04:54 PM

LenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to behold
Default Forward Lymphoma Foundation

Click the image to open in full size.
Donated a guided trip to Forward Lymphoma Foundation last fall.

Took out Ron and Reed today to fulfill the donation.

The two caught 50 trout between the 2 of them.

Forward Lymphoma - About Forward Lymphoma
Old 06-09-2010, 05:42 PM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Forward Lymphoma Foundation

A great cause and a great donation, Spinner. Sounds like you had a really good time with Ron and Reed.

I was at Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center on Monday night for the dedication of a fund honoring my niece, Meg, who passed away last year at the age of 37 due to the side effects of the therapy she received 15 years ago to treat her Hodgekin's Lymphoma. The therapy was successful in curing her cancer, but the long-term side effects of the combination chemo and radiation left her lungs weakened to the degree that when she contracted the A/H1N1 Swine Flu last September, it was too much for her to deal with successfully. In between working for an Investment Bank in the city, she was also a Sloan-Kettering spokesperson and peddled across the US 3 years ago with Lance Armstrong on his Tour of Hope fundraiser. The fund was established to benefit cancer survivors; who are a very special group of people; people that she worked closely with for the past decade.

Marty and I both actively support Sloan-Kettering in NYC and the Dana Farber Cancer Center in Boston. I never spend better time than when I'm helping out with one of those organizations.

Thanks for the post and the contribution.

Pocono