The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   The Lodge Den (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/lodge-den/)
-   -   Support Our Troops!!! (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/lodge-den/156-support-our-troops.html)

Fish Bones 03-02-2005 04:32 PM

Support Our Troops!!!

Let us never forget what our brave men and women are not only doing for us but for the rest of the free world as well. Please visit a special web site designed in support of our forces. Raven's Realm Web Discussions is a great site with current news in Iraq, troop support, military gear reviews, discussions, etc...

There is presently a feature article titled "Father Pins Silver Star on Son in Baghdad". This is very special... you should read it.

Pay them a visit at www.ravensrealm.net

The site owner and administrator is our very own Mike Holtum “fshfanatic” who serves as a moderator for The North American Fly Fishing Forum.

Thanks Mike for honoring our troops!!!

fshfanatic 03-02-2005 06:52 PM

I appreciate the plug. You forgot to mention the extensive photo gallery that contains quite a few pictures of my sons Gregs deployment. He is currently serving with the 3-325 of the 82nd Airborne in Baghdad,

He is do home for leave on the 16th of April after an awards ceremony where he will receive his CIB (Combat infantry Badge) at the age of 19.

Guess what he wants to do when he gets here besides drink beer with his dad? He wants to hit the Black River and toss poppers for monster smallies!

Check out the site I am sure you will find numerous things to interest you.

Fish Bones 03-02-2005 07:37 PM

Mike:

I didn't realize your son was serving. I guess I didn't read close enough. I'll bet you're the proud papa. Congrats!!!
:D

fshfanatic 03-02-2005 07:55 PM

He went in at age 17 two weeks outta HS.

Yes I am proud.

Rocki 03-08-2005 01:40 AM

Re: Support Our Troops!!!

Since I'm currently at an undisclosed location SW Asia right now, I can say that the support we get from the homefront is nothing short of amazing. Everyone over here is commited and dedicated to the mission. We know what needs to be done and we do it.

Thanks for all the support guys! I cannot wait to be standing in the middle of the Provo again casting a line!!

Rocki

Curtis 03-08-2005 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rocki
Since I'm currently at an undisclosed location SW Asia right now, I can say that the support we get from the homefront is nothing short of amazing. Everyone over here is commited and dedicated to the mission. We know what needs to be done and we do it.

Thanks for all the support guys! I cannot wait to be standing in the middle of the Provo again casting a line!!

Rocki

And to you Rocki, a big thanks goes out for the job you are doing for us. When you return, shoot me a line. I will spring for a trip to the water and lunch. Thanks again.

Gordon Bryson 03-09-2005 09:06 AM

God Bless and God Speed Rocki, we look forward to your safe return to the real world. Thank you for all you and others are doing to preserve freedom.
Gordon - Tyler, TX

fshfanatic 03-09-2005 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rocki

Rocki

I know how you feel all to well. I can truly apreciate what you are doing and how you feel. May the lord be with you and watch over you in this time of need.

Tight Lines.

fshfanatic 03-11-2005 12:33 AM

Thank a vet.

http://supportveterans.pva.org/site/...=ECRD_homepage