The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2007, 11:06 AM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I could use some positive thoughts and prayers..

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroostookbasser View Post
The lord never puts before us what we can't handle ...... Iwill pray for you and yours nightly... thank him from a ve for his service... we do appreciate what he is doing.
I think this sent chills down my back. TOTALLY!
Old 08-10-2007, 02:24 PM

cimages11 is on a distinguished road

My thoughts and prayers also for your son and all of the brave men and women out there serving for us. Many thanks to him!
Old 08-10-2007, 04:45 PM

jdgrubbjr is on a distinguished road

May God bless your son and your family. We are all very proud of him and the other fine soldiers that are serving. Prayers sent.
Old 08-11-2007, 11:27 AM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Hi fshfanatic,

I have never had a son or daughter in war and I don't know how you stand it. We can only hope that your son and all others serving come home safe and well. I have worked with the military in Alaska and I was amazed at the quality of the people in our armed forces. Only the best to you and your son.
Old 08-11-2007, 03:54 PM

trouty is on a distinguished road

My thoughts and prayers, and my heartfelt gratitude are with you and your son Greg. I can never fully express to you how much he is appreciated.
God bless.

Dave
Old 09-17-2007, 06:51 AM

flyfishingpastor is on a distinguished road

Fshfanatic;

I will certainly add this fine young man and his army unit to my prayer list. May God bless them each and keep them safe.

This thread is a pretty good reminder to the rest of us, that these brave women and men go into harm's way and we can't do much about that, other than pray, but we CAN do something to lend a hand to their families that are left behind through our churches, community agencies and as individuals who know them.

Speaking as a vet who was deployed when my wife was 7 months pregnant (a LONG time ago), it would have been nice if my wife had had family or friends close by to help out and didn't. I spent a lot of time worrying about her when I should have been keeping my head in the moment.

FlyFishingPastor
Old 09-26-2007, 12:51 PM

alaskamokaiman is on a distinguished road

Prayers for all our men and women...and thier families.

And when they get home if they travel to Alaska my boats are here for them to use no charge.

Thank God people have learned not to spit at our troops, it made me ashamed of my service, my duty as first born American citizen in my family.

Cheers,
Old 08-30-2008, 10:28 PM

fshfanatic will become famous soon enough

Just an update.

My son is now home and has been released from the Army unharmed.

He did lose a couple very close friends on this tour, so he is struggling with that and I am sure he will for some time.

Thank you all for the thoughts ans prayers.

Old 09-01-2008, 06:51 PM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future

I know I speak for everybody in thanking him for his service.

We're all glad he made it home safe as well.

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.