The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2007, 08:38 PM

fshfanatic will become famous soon enough
Default I could use some positive thoughts and prayers..

Greg, my eldest son, is currently on route to Afghanistan for yet another tour of duty. He is a proud member of the 82nd Airborne which is currently attached to the 3rd Special Forces Group for this tour. Even though he is on a rapid deployment team, which generally only deploys for a few months, his current assignment is supposed to last upwards of 12-15 months. He was supposed to get out of the Army in 3 months. But as those that have served know, he was stop locked. Being an NCO with combat experience, there was no way that they were going to release him. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers.
Old 02-15-2007, 09:24 PM

tightlines57 will become famous soon enoughtightlines57 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: I could use some positive thoughts and prayers..

I'm with you Fanatic, will keep him in thoughts and prayers. I have a nephew headed to Afghanistan for his 4th tour. My son-in-law is going back to the desert for his 3rd tour. God bless all those fighting for our freedom, let's support those men and women.
Old 02-15-2007, 10:20 PM

Cowboy is an unknown quantity at this point

I am with you all the way. My oldest son is deploying to Afghanistan in May. His last tour was in Bosnia.
Old 02-16-2007, 08:55 AM

aroostookbasser has a spectacular aura aboutaroostookbasser has a spectacular aura aboutaroostookbasser has a spectacular aura about

The lord never puts before us what we can't handle ...... Iwill pray for you and yours nightly... thank him from a ve for his service... we do appreciate what he is doing.

"As The deer Thirts For Water, I thirst for you Oh Lord"

North Woods Wanderings
Adventure into the North Woods.......

"Aroostook Flyers and Tyers"
Old 02-16-2007, 09:32 AM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future

My thoughts and prayers are with him. --------------------------------------------------------Had an experience last Saturday that you'll appreciate and your son might as well. I had finished a mtn bike ride at a local trail and loading gear into my car when a guy pulled up and stepped out of his truck in fatigues. Started small talk about how the trail was pretty empty and that it was plenty warm back in the woods out of the wind. He had gotten his pack out of his truck and was pulling stuff out of the bed to add weight to it- boxes of army issue stuff, dumbells, etc. I asked him, "So you even use your days off to stay in shape and ready to go?" He said, "Yeah". I said "Thank you. I appreciate it." He says, "You're welcome........ You're worth it" I thanked him again and was immediately filled with immense feelings of gratitude, thanks, appreciation, patriotism, and other things that can and did bring a grown man to tears. (after getting into my car of course) ------------------------------------------------------------ Please let your son know on behalf of all Americans that we are all thankful for and proud of their service, and that he is rightfully proud to be part of an organization made up of the worlds finest people.

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.
Old 02-25-2007, 08:29 PM

mikenewpal is on a distinguished road

I am new here, but I am going to add to this thread, because I really have a heart, deep gratitude, and appreciation for heroes like your Son and all the other men and women that are over there fighting for our security. My thoughts and prayers and support are with you and all of them. Please tell your Son from one American to another, that I thank him, salute him, commend him, and am always in support of him and his comrades and their mission. No matter what "circus stunts" these political bureaucrats here in the U.S. try and pull, let him know there are still those of us here that support them all, want them to win, finish the job, and most of all come home safe.

Ooooh Raaaa!

Mikenewpal
Old 02-26-2007, 09:19 PM

Bob Lang will become famous soon enoughBob Lang will become famous soon enough

Hey Fanatic,

Please pass on to your son and all his buddies that he and they are in my thoughts and prayers on a daily basis. I wish I were back in uniform at times just to be able to say I'm with them in person. It is an honor to serve this country and I feel honored knowing guys like him still step forward to protect us here at home. God bless them all. I pray each and everyone of them serves honorably and professionally and each returns home safely to their loved ones. You did something right when you raised him and it shows. May God bless you and your entire family as well.

Thanks for all you've done. Please thank him for the rest of us.

And this goes for all the rest of you with sons and daughters in the military, regardless of their branch of service. Thank you, too! They too are in my thoughts and prayers every day.

GO ARMY!! BEAT NAVY!!(at least one game a year).

USMA CLASS of 72
Old 02-26-2007, 11:22 PM

fshfanatic will become famous soon enough

I appreciate all the kind words.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Lang View Post
Hey Fanatic,

Please pass on to your son and all his buddies that he and they are in my thoughts and prayers on a daily basis. I wish I were back in uniform at times just to be able to say I'm with them in person. It is an honor to serve this country and I feel honored knowing guys like him still step forward to protect us here at home. God bless them all. I pray each and everyone of them serves honorably and professionally and each returns home safely to their loved ones. You did something right when you raised him and it shows. May God bless you and your entire family as well.

Thanks for all you've done. Please thank him for the rest of us.

And this goes for all the rest of you with sons and daughters in the military, regardless of their branch of service. Thank you, too! They too are in my thoughts and prayers every day.

GO ARMY!! BEAT NAVY!!(at least one game a year).

USMA CLASS of 72
I served as well. US Army
Old 03-19-2007, 04:35 PM

STARMedic is on a distinguished road

From all of us here at Kinney County Rescue EMS, let he and his comrades know that they are in our thoughts and prayers all day everyday.

Bruce K Hudgens EMT-P, EMS-I
Director, Kinney County EMS

Retired 19D, US Army
Saudi, Kuwait, Iraq, Somalia, Etheopia, Sierra Leonne, Bosnia
Old 08-10-2007, 10:38 AM

Noworries is on a distinguished road

It seems this conflict has reached us all. There are three young men from my church that are now services over in parts unknown. I will keep yours in my prayers as I do with all those that are fighting to keep the freedoms that we have i.e. fishing.