The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree29Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2011, 07:39 PM

mbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: The Photography Chat Thread;

awsome idea. I do some action and portrait shoots, but mostly shoot my hobbies, rc flying, mountain biking. and I hope to get more fly fishing photos other then my **** shots with my phone. even though I have a aquapak for the slr Its hard to tote fishing and camera gear. I have been shooting a canon xti for 5 or 6 years, I really need to upgrade for better low light ablities. but I still only use 2 lense's, the 28-105 mm USM and my new Sigma 10-20mm the sigma is soo much fun for nature scapes and neat close up affects. but not good to reach out. . I am a memeber of a few photography forums, but its always good to learn and share knowledge for a certain subject such as fly fishing. this is going to be fun!. I think my site is posted in my signature, feel free to check it out. but not my most current stuff is posted yet.
Mike
messing with flash
Click the image to open in full size.

young rider

model car shot with the sigma 10-20mm

http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/ph...blacksmall.jpg

gray tree frog, a favorite subject for me.

http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/ph...crop_small.jpg

Just to get this out.. the methode of posting photos on this forum is a bit lacking..

Last edited by mbphotos54; 09-13-2011 at 07:54 PM.
Old 09-13-2011, 10:49 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Mike,

I was hoping to attract you with this thread, nice shots.

If you read through the thread you know I'm a Sigma fan. We have a missing member named Trygve from Lilihammer Norway who is a photo guy and Mike aka Sep, who is also very talented with the lens. I'm going to drop them a PM and heads up to the thread. You will like their pictures.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 09-13-2011, 11:15 PM

mbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
Mike,

I was hoping to attract you with this thread, nice shots.

If you read through the thread you know I'm a Sigma fan. We have a missing member named Trygve from Lilihammer Norway who is a photo guy and Mike aka Sep, who is also very talented with the lens. I'm going to drop them a PM and heads up to the thread. You will like their pictures.
any thread name with photo in it catches me pretty fast. its hard to be the sigma stuff for sure, the 10-20mm I have is way better quality compare to the canon version, the canon 10-20 feels like a kit lens.. the sigma is nice and heavy good glass. and sharp. I would only guess the other sigmas are that wa also, the tamron stuff is good too, I just dont own any .. yet. something about expensive hobbies... i get sucked into them. I also shoot FX light trail type stuff, like this

this is right off the camera, too much fun
mike
Old 09-13-2011, 11:50 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute

Wow,

When I first handled the Sigma 50 f2.8 I had to have one. Then I took these on the first outing............

[IMG]Click the image to open in full size.[/IMG]

Old 09-14-2011, 12:10 AM

cromney is just really nicecromney is just really nicecromney is just really nicecromney is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post

Hi Nick,

I am going to get a Sigma 17 - 70 or 18 - 80 f2.8 for landscape photography.

---------- Post added at 11:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 AM ----------

Good link that one Clint, repped you on that
Thanks for the reps Ard!

You'll love the Sigma 17-70, I have it and have really enjoyed it. Solid glass, durable, easy to shoot and it just feels good.
Old 09-14-2011, 12:23 AM
Administrator

Hi Clint,

It seems we have a place for more photo stuff to be hashed over now, I am looking forward to reading this as the days go on. I'm going to get some neutral density filters soon, Mike already has shown some water shots he did with one and I thought a couple of different f stop types would be an interesting addition.

Old 09-14-2011, 02:35 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

I know very little about the hardware half of photography, so I will definitely be following this thread and certainly learning a lot!

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 09-14-2011, 02:35 PM

I use my ND filter for more then just water, it seems to me anyway that it brings the colors out more vivid, but it is a must have for slow shutter water shots. I am on hold for lenes, I want to get a 60D next spring, the old xti has recycled its counter 10 plus times, and things have gotten a bit dirty in it from my field use. and at a Highest ISO of 1600 I am loosing out on things..
mike
Old 09-14-2011, 04:15 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatortransplant View Post
I know very little about the hardware half of photography, so I will definitely be following this thread and certainly learning a lot!
I guess that's why I did the thread, I hope we can gather some good info and then I can form a Photo FAQ's sticky for a resource.

Ard

Old 09-14-2011, 09:26 PM

actully I do have a question, since I only have an slr, I was wondering if some one would reccomend some water proof point and shoots with manual shooting options. thanks. figure I can spark some content.
Mike