The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree29Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2011, 09:05 PM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of
Default Re: The Photography Chat Thread;

photomatix is stand alone but it will watermark. hugin is supposed to do them but im not to sure.

topaz adjust is 30% off on sale right now. they just released 5.

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 11-15-2011, 10:46 PM

siskiyoublues is just really nicesiskiyoublues is just really nicesiskiyoublues is just really nicesiskiyoublues is just really nice

hey does anyone have any experience with this sigma lens?
Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM Zoom Lens for Nikon 583306 B&H

It's on my radar, and about a third of the price of the nikon.

Steelheader's Anonymous.
Old 11-15-2011, 10:55 PM

mbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to behold

looks awsome. I know my sigma 10-20mm has similer specs and its top notch. so if that holds true for this one youd be happy.
Old 11-15-2011, 11:07 PM

siskiyoublues is just really nicesiskiyoublues is just really nicesiskiyoublues is just really nicesiskiyoublues is just really nice

Nice yeah seems like sigma's latest offerings have been pretty darn good. I have not always been happy with their lenses but lots of people I know like this line. My dad has the 50-150 and has been using it for a couple years and it has performed very well for him. Along with the 10-20 love it has me looking at the 17-50 as my "do all" lens.

Steelheader's Anonymous.
Old 11-16-2011, 03:57 AM

mysticm is a name known to allmysticm is a name known to allmysticm is a name known to allmysticm is a name known to allmysticm is a name known to allmysticm is a name known to all

Hi Carl,
I have been using the Sigma 30mm / 1.4 prime since Feb this year and it has been superb. The autofocus mechanism has worked w/o a glitch and the lens has a nice feel of quality to it. I think Sigma has improved their quality a lot these days.
Old 11-16-2011, 08:49 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Photoshop Elements 10 @ Costco now;

Two things to say; if you are going to buy the Elements 10 program Costco is selling it 'now' for 49.99, regular 79.99 and they make the 30.00 rebate at the checkout.

Carl: I just got the Sigma 10-20 mm lens and I have had a Sigma 50 mm 1:1 macro / portrait lens for 2 years. The quality and performance of the 50 mm f-2.8 is what made the choice on a wide angle zoom easy. Just a week ago I almost bought a 17-50 Sigma but I backed off because I have the stock Nikon 18-55 and my Tamron zoom also starts at 28 mm and covers the zoom range all the way to 300. While I believe the Sigma 17-50 would give better image quality than either of the other lens's mentioned I became wary of redundancy in the lens pool. I don't need this to go the way of fly rods; by that I mean having a 3, 4, 5, & 6 weight when the whole shebang could be handled with the right 5 weight. That's another topic all by its self......

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 11-16-2011, 01:42 PM

oarfish is a name known to alloarfish is a name known to alloarfish is a name known to alloarfish is a name known to alloarfish is a name known to alloarfish is a name known to all

Just a question, if anyone has the need to watermark there photography, what software are you using?

Thanks Rick.
Old 11-18-2011, 05:50 PM

tob1 is a splendid one to beholdtob1 is a splendid one to beholdtob1 is a splendid one to beholdtob1 is a splendid one to beholdtob1 is a splendid one to beholdtob1 is a splendid one to beholdtob1 is a splendid one to beholdtob1 is a splendid one to behold

The man in the sky

Click the image to open in full size.

Trygve
Old 11-18-2011, 08:12 PM

mbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by oarfish View Post
Just a question, if anyone has the need to watermark there photography, what software are you using?

Thanks Rick.
I just add text to my images using photo shop, sometimes ill hide it but not not always. for those using a pc if you hold alt key and type 0 1 6 9 on the number pad you get this © it comes in handy. I dont know the short key for macs but there is one.
mike
Old 11-20-2011, 11:12 PM

webrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Photoshop Elements 10 @ Costco now;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
Costco is selling it 'now' for 49.99
Are we to assume Ard has elements 10 now?

d