The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree29Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2011, 08:56 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Photoshop Elements 10 @ Costco now;

Yes but I also have 'new software avoidance syndrome' coupled with acute procrastination, which is only compounded by all the other stuff I have to spend time on................ I'll get around to loading and using it very soon.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 11-21-2011, 03:33 PM

tob1 is a splendid one to beholdtob1 is a splendid one to beholdtob1 is a splendid one to beholdtob1 is a splendid one to beholdtob1 is a splendid one to beholdtob1 is a splendid one to beholdtob1 is a splendid one to beholdtob1 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: The Photography Chat Thread;

One "out of bounds" photo.

Click the image to open in full size.

Trygve

Last edited by tob1; 11-21-2011 at 04:58 PM.
Old 11-21-2011, 04:25 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute

Very COOL!

Old 11-21-2011, 10:24 PM

mbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to behold

thats great!
Old 11-21-2011, 10:27 PM

webrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to behold

Photoshop is obviously wasted on me after seeing what Trygive can do with it. I was never that creative.

d
Old 11-21-2011, 11:12 PM
Administrator

I know what you mean Dave, by the way when you start taking winter pictures onto the theme thread I'll have a head start I'm waiting for a day above 15* with some sun and I'm going to go take some pictures. It's been really cold here as in kill your batteries cold. When times get tough I wrap the MD80 power grip with 4 of the dry chemical hand warmer packets so I can go for a day without the temperature sapping the power too much. I've ordered a new set of batteries because all that I have are about 4 years old. They don't hold charge like they used to and when it's below 0 they go quickly.

Old 11-22-2011, 07:01 AM

webrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to behold

Im hoping to get out this weekend and see if I can find something for my "fall colors" pictures, and then in December, we will initiate the Winter Wonderland theme. For January, we can let our December "winner" pick the theme.

Better get those batteries Ard, I am looking forward to seeing some awesome winter pictures if the current contributions are any indication of what is to come.

d
Old 11-22-2011, 08:46 AM

mbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to behold

nothing but rain and muck in ky for the near future.. Fall colors have come and gone.
Old 11-22-2011, 06:38 PM
Administrator

I did buy a set of genuine Nikon replacement batteries for my D80, I use the MD80 power pack on it so I am packing 2 batteries as opposed to a single. I have been pretty well price shocked at the retailers here when I went looking around for them and ordered from a seller in Hong Kong. If you folks haven't looked for filters and other accessories off shore but find the local retail prices to be a bit on the high side you might want to consider this as an option. I have bought B+W filters from sellers over there and was able to cut the cost down to an acceptable level. Delivery time (remember I'm in AK.) is about 10 business days to get something here.

Just thought I'd put that on here for any Nikon DSLR users Nothing aginst the shops in Anchorage making a living but sometimes if we're talking about an 'I can wait' item this makes good sense.

Old 12-06-2011, 09:15 PM
Administrator

Just picked up that set of new Nikon EN-EL3e batteries at the post office this afternoon. $42.00 for the pair

Genuine Nikon 'Japan' parts, these sell for $62.99 each at Best Buy If you are using a Nikon DSLR and need a back up power supply drop me a PM and I'll send you the sellers web link. I'm a little more than pleased, the filters 'ND' should be showing up any day also