The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree29Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2011, 10:24 PM

mbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: The Photography Chat Thread;

cool. so have you taken anything to share with the new sigma 10-20mm? gotta keep asking.
Old 12-06-2011, 10:31 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Soon........................ Between the weather the past week and some work I've been trying to finish........no. I am going out tomorrow at noon to look for the moon rise, I figure it's coming up around 1:30 - 1:45 and I'd like to figure out where I could get a shot of the December full.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 12-06-2011, 11:12 PM

mbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to behold

look forward to it
Old 12-07-2011, 12:09 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute

Winter time here can provide some good photo ops but I need to be in the right place or the pictures would be boring.

Old 12-07-2011, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
Winter time here can provide some good photo ops but I need to be in the right place or the pictures would be boring.
wouldnt know the winter in KY is pretty dull and boring, when we do get snow it might last a few days but the road services arent good for it so its a bit tricky getting to good photo spots. plus Im alway hesitant to get the camera out in much below 20 degrees.
Old 12-07-2011, 03:09 PM
Administrator

I've taken a lot of photos in -0 temperatures with no ill effects. If I'm going to be out for extended periods of time I pack 2 or 3 of the dry chemical hand warmer pouches around my battery pack while the camera is in the carry case. This may or may not be helping but I'm pretty sure it is keeping the batteries from freezing.

The weather is overcast and threatening snow so there will be no moon research today. I would like to find a vista where the full moon will be visible in a few days when it rises. Problem is that at this extreme end of earths orbit around the sun coupled with the fact that the north pole is tilted away from that sun, the moon appears early and almost due north instead of the more predictable east. After the full moon come the Aurora Borealis, sounds easy right? The best time to see or photograph a good display is after the new moon at 2 - 5 AM. Of course just because you are in the middle of nowhere at 3:00 AM does not mean there will be lights................... The best displays I've ever seen were completely unexpected and I was not prepared for photography. It's pretty much a **** shoot unless you get a good show and then have almost identical weather conditions the next night - early morning.

Old 12-07-2011, 09:51 PM

webrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to behold

What settings are you using for full moon pics?

I like F11, ISO 100 and speed of 1/250 as a starting point and then tweak it from there

tripod and remote to take the shot

d

1. the fact or state of having been affected by or gained knowledge through direct observation or participation

2. that thing you get just moments after you needed it.
Old 12-07-2011, 10:05 PM
Administrator

[IMG]Click the image to open in full size.[/IMG]

Lens: VR 28-300mm F/3.5-6.3 G
Focal Length: 100mm
Exposure Mode: Manual
Metering Mode: Multi-Pattern
1 sec - F/22
Exposure Comp.: 0 EV
Sensitivity: ISO 100

Old 12-07-2011, 11:22 PM

awsome! look forward to how you do it with the wide
Old 12-08-2011, 07:45 AM

webrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to behold

nice Ard. I may try to get one this coming full moon also. Funny how seeing one person shoot a photo, reminds one that they have meant to do something similar. One of the reasons why i like threads like this.

d

1. the fact or state of having been affected by or gained knowledge through direct observation or participation

2. that thing you get just moments after you needed it.