The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree29Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2011, 09:54 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: The Photography Chat Thread;

I should have added that I had a circular polarizer on that lens. That will help to explain the shutter speed and the way that the colors in the cloud strata stands out as it does. I wear a pair if sun glasses often when I go to take pictures. When I notice that scenery looks more defined with the glasses on rather than with them off I then screw on a polarizer.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 12-16-2011, 07:04 PM

mbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to behold

been kinda slow in here, anyone getting out and doing some shooting.
Old 12-16-2011, 09:32 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

Mike knows that I have just been using my phone to take photos, it doesn't do too bad. It will suffice until I can afford a DSLR, AND it fits in my wading jacket pocket even inside its waterproof case. I like this shot, especially for an unedited one:
Click the image to open in full size.

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 12-16-2011, 10:48 PM

mbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to behold

so cool seeing the lil creek I call home on here so much. that phone of yours does great. way better then the old p-s I was carrying.
Old 12-17-2011, 03:25 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbphotos54 View Post
been kinda slow in here, anyone getting out and doing some shooting.
I stuck a bunch of pictures on the Photo of the Month thread that Dave started. I put a copy on my blog page as well. They are about the extent of my photography for the past while. With the holiday approaching and weather being very unpredictable I've been laying low.

I did receive the last of my filters yesterday; a 77mm ND - 4 to fit the new Sigma. Now I have only the weather as an excuse................ I have both a polarizer and the ND for that lens now and the same filters for my Tamron zoom and the Sigma 50mm macro. The new problem is how to carry them all I don't want to get into a big gear bag but I may have to expand a bit. Going out to take pictures should mean taking the works unless I have a specific thing in mind, then I can go with just the camera and one extra lens. As it is I have 4 lens and about 8 filters........... Not exactly a minimalist package then is it.

Old 12-17-2011, 04:10 PM

this is what i use when out shooting

Lowepro - DryZone 200

its a lowpro dryzone, I never use it but if i had to i can zip up the dry bag part and seal it up if the weather goes to junk while your out. shouldnt have trouble fitting 4 lenses in there, 3 stowed and 1 on the camera, adjustable everything in side, to hold batteries, flash, I keep my gorilla pod in the outside pocket. not not much shooting for me either other then the point and shoot I used when me and AJ fished my creek this week.
mike
Old 12-17-2011, 04:23 PM
Administrator

I do use a cheap Charlie version of that when out for the day. It's just an old Jansport Day Pack and I carry a trash bag inside just in case That is a nice piece of gear but i wouldn't get enough use I'm afraid.......

Old 12-17-2011, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
I do use a cheap Charlie version of that when out for the day. It's just an old Jansport Day Pack and I carry a trash bag inside just in case That is a nice piece of gear but i wouldn't get enough use I'm afraid.......
i use it as my main camera bag, if your looking for a belt holster for the cam they make those too, just depends on if your goign to shoot or going fish. when I have my slr in the aquapak slung on my neck while fishing, its there for that what if I see.. moment. I can only use my 28-105mm in that case and its what I work with. I usually dont even carry spare battery if i start the day full charge. just gotta have a few gear options for the given task, heck I have even used a day pack I have with a towel in it and a small drybag for the cam and gear, this way I can carry lunch and trail tools since i build mountain bike trails.
Old 01-02-2012, 09:32 PM
Administrator

Now that we are into 2012 and the holidays past did anyone get any new camera gear as a gift??

Old 01-02-2012, 09:55 PM

kayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to all

cheap digital, still worksClick the image to open in full size.

---------- Post added at 10:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 PM ----------

cheap digital

Click the image to open in full size.