The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree29Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2012, 07:27 PM

mbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: The Photography Chat Thread;

file size allowed makes a good photo soft, but did you click on the photo to view the larger version before you copied the URL to post here? I have found low light is the best for shots like this, or good overcast days.
Mike
Old 05-26-2012, 11:02 PM

siskiyoublues is just really nicesiskiyoublues is just really nicesiskiyoublues is just really nicesiskiyoublues is just really nice

To be honest it's hard to tell unless looking at the full size file. Everything looks better small.

Steelheader's Anonymous.
Old 06-14-2012, 09:31 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

The difference between what I view on my screen at home and what I see in a transfer from P. bucket is about 30% better before the transfer. I have no clue as to what causes this..............

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 06-14-2012, 11:45 AM

fishindave is on a distinguished road

A couple from the Belize trip in May.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

Be back again end of July into August.
madjoni likes this.
Old 06-14-2012, 11:50 AM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

Wow, that looks beautiful! I gotta get down there... maybe the honeymoon...

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 06-14-2012, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatortransplant View Post
Wow, that looks beautiful! I gotta get down there... maybe the honeymoon...
Check out my article on DIY bonefishing....It's very doable...(is that a word?)
LOL
Old 06-14-2012, 12:03 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

I read your article and it has me interested. And I think doable is a word, yes. If it works in the context, it can be a word

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 06-14-2012, 03:22 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
The difference between what I view on my screen at home and what I see in a transfer from P. bucket is about 30% better before the transfer. I have no clue as to what causes this..............
Anyone have an idea about this?

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 06-14-2012, 10:04 PM

Check the resolution size of your images and compare it to that of mine.....

They seem to be OK....Not as good as the original (24 meg .tif image) But nice...I upload to the photobucket at around 2.5 meg.

I think yours look great Ard.....

---------- Post added at 09:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:52 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
It's time to bring this thread back up and channel the RAW vs. JPEG discussion over here. Lets get some new pictures on the photo thread.................... I'm going to go post one now.
I might be beatin' a dead horse here....But I always shoot in RAW/JPEG format, as storage is not an issue any more w/ all of the inexpensive memory availible now. Biggest advantage to RAW is that YOU decide on what data to manipulate. not the JPEG format. JPEG is great for plain ole pics....But when you want the real wallhangers....RAW is the way to go, multiple images layered HDR (high dynamic range) style....WOW they can look nice.....

OH MY! OMAN! 2013
"All I want from life is an unfair advantage" W.C. Fields
Old 06-15-2012, 08:43 AM

Sep is a glorious beacon of lightSep is a glorious beacon of lightSep is a glorious beacon of lightSep is a glorious beacon of lightSep is a glorious beacon of lightSep is a glorious beacon of light

RAW vs. JPEG... Hmmmm....

I seldom shoot in RAW. Large format jpgs generally seem to fulfill my needs and working with them is much quicker from a processing perspective. Besides, my point-and-shoot stream camera doesn't generate them and, when you wade like I do, the SLR doesn't go on the water.

Having said that, when I do shoot something that's important/special/artistic, and dry, I will kick into RAW and accept the inconvenience. Haven't messed with HDR yet, but it certainly has my interest.

Sep