The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree29Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2012, 12:57 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: The Photography Chat Thread;

Thanks for the explanations Stuart & Sep,

I am always disappointed with the pictures I post here. When I view them in the Nikon Program I use for organizing the pictures, they look wonderful. When I upload to photo bucket and then link to the forum, they look dull and without detail.

Is there a simple way to remedy this?

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 09-16-2012, 06:14 AM

stuartpengs is a glorious beacon of lightstuartpengs is a glorious beacon of lightstuartpengs is a glorious beacon of lightstuartpengs is a glorious beacon of lightstuartpengs is a glorious beacon of light

Hmm, not sure what might be causing that Ard. I know the forum auto re-sizes if you post a picture bigger than 758 pixels along the biggest edge, which can lead to an image losing sharpness when hosted on here (though you can get round it by clicking on the image which will take it back up to it's proper resolution). That's mainly a sharpness issue though Ard, can't think of what might be causing your problem. Have you tried another hosting site such as Flickr?
Old 10-30-2012, 12:28 PM

loringj will become famous soon enoughloringj will become famous soon enough

I got into photography last year when I took a course for Crime scene photography at work, bought myself a Canon T3. I havent much time lately to take pictures but got out the other day and took a few. Here is a pic of my favourite fly. I played with the photo in my editing program, not sure the pic turned out that good but I have never really played with the editing effects before since everything I learned was just taking the photo and using the camera, we cant use after editing for effects on crime scene photos so its new to me.

Justin

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 10-30-2012, 02:20 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

That's a neat looking fly, Justin! Looks very steelhead-y to me! I need to order some blue guinea, I just love the stuff...

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 10-30-2012, 03:39 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Justin,

I'll welcome you to the forum because I don't recall seeing your posts before, Welcome To The Forum!

One thing is a sure thing, when the fishing isn't the greatest few things beat having your camera handy. I picked up a Cannon Powershot with a viewfinder this past summer so I always have it with now but when it comes to a real picture I want my big bulky Nikon with all the lens and filters. With that along in boat or truck I can make any day a good day

Ard

Old 10-30-2012, 08:10 PM

I have a Canon Powershot SX130 that I love for a point and shoot. fits nice into a pack and take very nice photos, and if I feel creative I can change the settings to take black and white or leave one colour instead of doing it on the computer after.
Old 10-30-2012, 08:46 PM
Administrator

Is yours one of the new without a viewfinder? I bought an old one purposely because I like the little view finder. You're right, they are tiny and they take great pictures.

Old 10-31-2012, 07:49 AM

Yes mine is one of the new ones that doesnt have the viewfinder, the view screen is bigger since there is no viewfinder. I like the viewfinder though because somedays if the sun hits you right, the screen is hard to see, plus it uses more battery power.
mcnerney likes this.
Old 10-31-2012, 02:08 PM
Administrator

The camera I got is the SD1200 and although I had to buy the operating software separate I paid only $50 for the camera used. The software disk I found sometime later for $6 so the little camera has been a value. With the viewfinder models you can turn off the display screen on the back and a battery lasts for a very long time.

Ard

Old 10-31-2012, 03:55 PM

socorrofly is on a distinguished road

Hi All,

Wanted to see if I could follow the directions to post a photo - this was taken with a Nikon DX lens 18mm - 55mm. Hope this works. Taken after great fishing trip in the mountains of northern NM.

Click the image to open in full size.

Gary
madjoni likes this.