The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree29Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2012, 04:47 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: The Photography Chat Thread;

Looks good to me Gary,

I don't know which method of upload you used but you did fine. There is a Sticky in the FAQ's forums on using Photobucket and one for Album loading from the forum. If you haven't found them take a look but I believe you have.

This is a good thread to talk about anything you might have questions about with photography. My short coming is editing, I am easily confused with edit programs so many of my pictures come strait from the card to the post. We have some members who are photo finishing masters and lots of folks with different lens and types of cameras. I use a Nikon D80 that I got back when they were the hot setup, which one do you have?

Nice Shot,

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 11-01-2012, 12:07 PM

loringj will become famous soon enoughloringj will become famous soon enough

Iam the same as you Ard, I dont have a good grasp on the editing programs yet. Like I said earlier when I did my photography course it was through work so I could take crime scene photos. We were trained for taking photos in all lighting conditions and how to play with flash or take extreme close ups of things like fingerprints, but editing programs are not part of it. So I guess I got the meat and potatos of photography but it would be nice to learn some more of the editing stuff to make my photos better.

Justin

---------- Post added at 12:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 AM ----------

Picture I took of St Mary's Lake in Glacier National Park. I played with it a bit in the editing just to get the colors to pop.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 11-02-2012, 10:33 AM

socorrofly is on a distinguished road

Hi Ard,

Glad you like the pic and thanks for everyone's input on uploading photos.

The camera body is a Nikon D60. I use an editing program called the GIMP from a Linux OS. Your imagination is about the only thing to hold you back. There is a book (really) called Grokking the Gimp. A must if you want to get your arms around how the concept works.

Gary

p.s. Sure beats the HOURS spent in the darkroom!!!
Hardyreels likes this.
Old 11-05-2012, 07:58 PM

milt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond repute

Some Sierra High Country. milt. Click the image to open in full size.
Old 11-22-2012, 03:44 PM

madjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud of
Send a message via Skype™ to madjoni

One picture made by my friend

Click the image to open in full size.

Old 03-19-2014, 12:11 PM

englishspringer is on a distinguished road

Hello all,

I'm looking for recommendations on a basic waterproof point and shoot camera for capturing my fishing catch and release photos. I checked out the Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS25 16.1MP 8X zoom and that goes about $150 after tax.

That camera looks pretty good, it's waterproof, shock resistant, and even has basic video so it would fit what I'm looking for. I'll want to be able to upload the photos on line but I think that's pretty easy these days, right?

Not being an expert in photography, a point and shoot that I could dunk in the water at times is what I'm after. $150 is more than I was hoping for, anyone have other ideas that would meet the goal but come in under $100?

Dave
Old 03-19-2014, 12:46 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

I think that if you shoot for under $100 there will perhaps be some performance issues, I don't know this as a fact but if you seek waterproof and etc. it could be true. I have one of the Lumix cameras. The only thing I found that is a negative is that when you use the 4X zoom the photo quality is not great. At the wide angle setting they are very sharp but when zoomed mine needs to be held very steady or there will be blur.

I was actually after the Pentax all weather camera but they were sold out. I needed a camera for guided trips so I took the Lumix as a 'better than nothing' choice. Thus far for doing underwater fish pictures and the standard happy angler with caught fish photos it is fine. I have seen some P&S cameras that take great photos but I have a Nikon D80 SLR with some good lens's so if I really want great pictures I take and use that camera.

For the money the Lumix will get it done.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 03-20-2014, 05:30 AM

englishspringer is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the input Ard. I'll keep a watch on the Lumix to see if I can get it cheaper, otherwise it sounds like a good option.

Dave
Old 03-20-2014, 07:52 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishspringer View Post
Hello all,

I'm looking for recommendations on a basic waterproof point and shoot camera for capturing my fishing catch and release photos. I checked out the Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS25 16.1MP 8X zoom and that goes about $150 after tax.

That camera looks pretty good, it's waterproof, shock resistant, and even has basic video so it would fit what I'm looking for. I'll want to be able to upload the photos on line but I think that's pretty easy these days, right?

Not being an expert in photography, a point and shoot that I could dunk in the water at times is what I'm after. $150 is more than I was hoping for, anyone have other ideas that would meet the goal but come in under $100?

Dave
Dave: Here is a Pentax W3 waterproof/shookproof camera for $199 with free shipping. I have the older version, my wife has this model, both cameras are amazing.
BuyDig.com - Pentax WG-3 Purple Digital Camera 4GB Bundle

Larry