The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree29Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2011, 11:29 PM

mbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: The Photography Chat Thread;

i enjoy selective coloring for certain subjects, this is my most recent to get that effect.

Click the image to open in full size.

easy to do using layers and just erasing the areas you want to be in color after overlaying the b/w copy on top.

mike
Old 09-25-2011, 12:32 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

You guys are worlds ahead of me in editing photos for sure. I did take the motorcycle and go scouting for some trout and wouldn't you know I took a couple water pictures while I was out there.

[IMG]Click the image to open in full size.[/IMG]

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 09-25-2011, 12:46 AM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

those are some great pics ard!
were you using a tripod for those shots?
if not you have a steady hand my friend
shooting moving water at a slow shutter speed sure is fun

caey

---------- Post added at 12:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 AM ----------

here is a shot i took of my daughter a few years ago

casey

ARFE
Old 09-25-2011, 12:50 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Casey,

No tripod but I steadied the camera and myself on the rocks. Most were taken at f22 and 10 on the shutter. Now that I see them I wish I had dropped to 8 or 6 on the shutter. But they are OK I guess, I did about 20

Old 09-25-2011, 12:53 AM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute

a simple country road...

casey

ARFE
Old 09-25-2011, 01:02 AM
Administrator

Nice and your daughters picture also.................

Old 09-25-2011, 01:11 AM

thanks man!!
i enjoy the art of photography, just have
trouble finding time.
you know with fishing and all

casey

ARFE
Old 09-25-2011, 01:42 AM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

Mike, I like the selective color shot of the cat, that looks much better than my selective color shot of the carp The depth of your shots with the DSLR vs. the flatness of the shots from my cell-phone camera is like night and day!

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 09-25-2011, 12:01 PM

mbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatortransplant View Post
Mike, I like the selective color shot of the cat, that looks much better than my selective color shot of the carp The depth of your shots with the DSLR vs. the flatness of the shots from my cell-phone camera is like night and day!
depth of field is key, the lower f# and backrounds farther away will help that. but I know what you mean. so far out fishing iv only had my cell phones 1.3 mpx cam with me,, and I hate the photos. I need a good point and shoot, but for artsey shots you need a dslr for sure. I have a few others I need to dig up and post later. great shots everyone lets keep it going on the techincal side of how the shots are taken.
mike
Old 09-26-2011, 11:06 AM
Administrator

Default Dusting Off Your Sensor;

I had noticed for quite some time a nasty spot that appeared in the upper left quadrant of some of my best landscape shots and for some unknown reason put off cleaning the sensor in my Nikon. I did it a few days back and my spot is gone

If you ever find some small aberration in your photos and there seems to be nothing fouling the lens don't be like me, clean that sensor and get the pictures you deserve. Have any of you had this problem?

You can see the spot on this image in the steam trail from Mt. Redoubt. Now it's gone from my new stuff, I wish I had not hesitated all this time, the cleaning was simple.

Last edited by Hardyreels; 09-26-2011 at 09:04 PM.