The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree29Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2011, 11:00 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: The Photography Chat Thread;

Trygve,

I knew that you would be doing this. Thank you for joining in, I hope you keep up on the thread and the discussion.

For you guys who are not familiar with tob1 he lives in Lillehammer Norway and between his fly tying and photography he has been a presence here for a long time.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 10-06-2011, 11:45 PM

mbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to behold

just wanted to note, I finally decided to try my aquapak slr housing, and so far im happy. its one of those things that I would rather get 'a' shot then nothing at all.. but if the lense is clean and held close to the cameras lense its quality is fine. I have had alot of media processing to do the past few days but ill get the creek photos with the housing posted soon.

plus I had to bump this thread
Old 10-13-2011, 01:37 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute

First I am sending out:

A Huge Thank You to Yatahey

He fixed the blemishes in the full moon photos I took the other day, if this were not done I would have to wait a year and hope for the same conditions to take that picture again. Thanks Bob

Now to Mike,

I met this guy about 5 weeks ago maybe, his name is Kentaro Yasui and he is a professional nature photographer from Japan. When we met at a parking area I thought he was kayaking because of his wet suit but did not see a boat. He explained his attire and I took a picture of him at work. He also opened his files in a lap top and showed me some of the images he was capturing of spawning sockeye salmon and they were incredible. His Nikon was inside a complete watertight Plexiglas housing and he was going under water to get his pictures.

[IMG]Click the image to open in full size.[/IMG]

Is this the same type setup you have.......... if so remember to have someone photograph you while you are at work with it. I thought this was pretty cool and Kentaro did not have a shot like this. he says he will include it into his web site.

Old 10-13-2011, 05:31 PM
Administrator

bump,

scroll up one post

Old 10-14-2011, 05:46 AM

tob1 is a splendid one to beholdtob1 is a splendid one to beholdtob1 is a splendid one to beholdtob1 is a splendid one to beholdtob1 is a splendid one to beholdtob1 is a splendid one to beholdtob1 is a splendid one to beholdtob1 is a splendid one to behold

One tip. Using the flash to light up shadows outdoor on a telelens.
Using a flash extender can help you with the lightning balanse.
Here a photo off the extender and the camera with a 500mm lens.
Click the image to open in full size.

Here a photo off a bird without the flash

Here photo with the flash and EV set to -1 on the flash.
Old 10-14-2011, 10:40 AM

siskiyoublues is just really nicesiskiyoublues is just really nicesiskiyoublues is just really nicesiskiyoublues is just really nice

tob1 thanks for sharing, I really like how that looks. I have just recently started working with a bit of fill outside to compensate and I would be curious to see what an extender does for me.

Just what I need, more bulky gear to hoof around!

Steelheader's Anonymous.
Old 10-14-2011, 11:09 AM
Administrator

Wow,

Beautiful result on that, I know I won't invest in the gear but I can enjoy your work here I really want a Sigma 8 - 16 mm lens and all things seem to say I will be paying 700 for one so.................

Old 10-21-2011, 07:57 PM
Administrator

I just bought the Sigma 10 - 20 mm f4 - 5.6 wide angle zoom. I do hope it will take the pictures I'm thinking it will. Time will tell, comments from any ultra wide users would be appreciated.

Old 10-21-2011, 09:33 PM

mbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
First I am sending out:

A Huge Thank You to Yatahey

He fixed the blemishes in the full moon photos I took the other day, if this were not done I would have to wait a year and hope for the same conditions to take that picture again. Thanks Bob

Now to Mike,

I met this guy about 5 weeks ago maybe, his name is Kentaro Yasui and he is a professional nature photographer from Japan. When we met at a parking area I thought he was kayaking because of his wet suit but did not see a boat. He explained his attire and I took a picture of him at work. He also opened his files in a lap top and showed me some of the images he was capturing of spawning sockeye salmon and they were incredible. His Nikon was inside a complete watertight Plexiglas housing and he was going under water to get his pictures.

[IMG]Click the image to open in full size.[/IMG]

Is this the same type setup you have.......... if so remember to have someone photograph you while you are at work with it. I thought this was pretty cool and Kentaro did not have a shot like this. he says he will include it into his web site.
very cool! I have a soft housing, its mostly a splash or water level submergion case. I would love to have a hard lexan case it would be neat. Once i get my new HD gopro it will have some of those capabilties, and do video. trout just got stocked at my creek so Im going to get after them tomarrow after work. hope I can get some pics.
Old 10-21-2011, 11:16 PM
Administrator

Mike,

Do you have any thoughts on the 10 - 20 mm lens I just ordered? It should be here next week and I'll shoot and post as soon as I get it. Details on the lens are 2 post back............