The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2011, 05:04 PM

billydafish is on a distinguished road
Cool Your favorite fly fishing blogs?

So what blogs do you guys follow? I love them personally and found that there's a lotta goodies stuffed in there if you follow a blog from somewhere around the region you fish. Lots of river tips and stuff you can actually use.

Anyway here's my two favs I usually check in on:

Fly Fishing Blogs - Rocky Mountain Anglers

Colorado Fly Fishing Reports

Check these out and post up your fav's and lets all check out and share out favorites. And if any of you HAVE a blog share it too.
Old 09-20-2011, 06:16 PM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Your favorite fly fishing blogs?

Here are three I follow

For reviews of equipment:
Fly Fishing & Fly Tying Review

For lots of different stories and tips:
Fly Fishing Blog of The Orvis Company - orvisnews.com

Just cause I like small streams:
Fishing small streams: Fall is coming
Old 09-21-2011, 08:19 AM

s fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to s fontinalis

I like the Orvis Blog as mentioned previously, and a blog from Delaware River Club

Also follow some fly tiers, like Mike Schmidt of Anglers Choice Flies and Rich Strolis of Catching Shadows
These guys tie great flies and a lot of their patterns are available online.

Another fly tying blog i follow is Steelhead Alley Fly Tying, and most of the patterns on this site i've tied at some time or other.

Finally, i also love Tightline Productions on Vimeo for great fly tying instructional videos. Some great tips to be picked up in each video of the different flies tied.

Addicted To Vise

Last edited by s fontinalis; 09-21-2011 at 09:56 AM.
Old 09-21-2011, 09:00 AM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute

Moldy Chum

MidCurrent Fly Fishing

ed mitchell outdoors
Old 09-21-2011, 10:01 AM

tyler185 is a name known to alltyler185 is a name known to alltyler185 is a name known to alltyler185 is a name known to alltyler185 is a name known to alltyler185 is a name known to all

+1 on the orvis news blog and Angler choice flies

I know a guy who started up his own guide service here in Vermont. He is hands down one of the most knowledgeable guys in the state when it comes to fly fishing. He specializes in warm water species like bow fin, carp, gar, pike and many others.

Here is his website:Drew Price Fly Fishing Master Class Angling Master Class Angling - Custom Flies, Vermont, Lake Champlain, Carp, Bowfin, Pike, Gar, Drum, Warmwater, Warm Water, Guide Service, Musky, Muskie, Bass, Trout

And here is his blog: Drew Price Fly Fishing

He has been pretty busy lately so he hasnt been blogging as much but still check it out.

If you are ever in VT and want to chase after some of the more unusual species Drew is a must have guide. I cant recommend him enough. Having the opportunity to fish with him, you learn a lot.
Old 09-21-2011, 11:14 AM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

I don't need to travel to see my favorite cuz it's right here on our site. The North American Fly Fishing Forum - View Profile: Hardyreels

Just click on Ard's blog and you have some of the best readin' anywhere.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 09-21-2011, 11:27 AM

Jackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant future

I don't know if the line between a blog and a website is blurring but I rarely look at the blogs that are the ramblings of one person who fancies himself a writer feels the stuff he does is important to the rest of us. I guess you have to be in a Facebook frame of mind to enjoy those blogs.
As for hybred sites that combine (I think) blogging with a website, the Orvis site is cool. In that you can avoid getting bogged in the blogs and go to the more genaric stuff.
Old 09-21-2011, 12:11 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Follow forum blogs and also Mike's Gone Fishin'... Again great pics and reading.(Mike aka Sep is a forum member)
Old 09-21-2011, 12:29 PM

bigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud of

I'm very new to this blog thing! I started one a few months ago, just because I figured I had some knowledge I could share. I like to think I've learned a few things in the 45 years I've been doing this.

So, right now this is my favorite: The World Of Tidewater Fly Fishing & Tying!

Remember, no one likes to be behind the big truck, but that's better than being under it!
Old 09-21-2011, 12:40 PM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future

The Fiberglass Manifesto

Moldy Chum

This is Fly Daily

Le Mouching

Buster Wants to Fish

Trout Underground

Singlebarbed

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.