The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree27Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2011, 11:47 AM

gt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant future
Default the most important table in my house

While I wasn't looking, someone appears to have cluttered it up a bit.
[IMG]Click the image to open in full size.[/IMG]
fredaevans and hairwing530 like this.
Old 09-29-2011, 09:35 PM

wetboot is on a distinguished road
Default Re: the most important table in my house

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt05254 View Post
While I wasn't looking, someone appears to have cluttered it up a bit.
[IMG]Click the image to open in full size.[/IMG]
Beautiful! Who could ask for better "clutter"?
fredaevans, hairwing530 and siege like this.
Old 09-30-2011, 01:08 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Pipe Smokers

Quote:
Originally Posted by littledavid123 View Post
I have always thought a pipe looked cool but by the time I hit college, everybody was using a bong.
Now that's a classic post Dave I'll keep an eye peeled for someone standing at the head of a nice run with an 18" plexiglas bong slung over his shoulder If you're gonna see it, you'll see it here in the Valley..........
hairwing530 likes this.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 10-10-2011, 03:11 PM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute

Click the image to open in full size.

They just seem to go together.
hairwing530 likes this.
Old 10-10-2011, 04:56 PM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future

I've been an off and on cigarette smoker for...way too long. When I am off I usually turn to the pipe just ease the withdrawals in the evening. I'm going on a couple weeks of nearly cold turkey and it's been remarkably easy (staying away from certain friends helps too!), so I haven't wanted to ruin it.

But I certainly do enjoy a nice pipe on occasion, the local smoke shop makes a blend called "Wild West"...mellow sweetness and mild smoke...

I have never turned onto cigars but have thought that it would be a good compromise from the cigs (evil cigs, so good and so bad...). Because out fishing is one of the hardest times for me to not smoke. Any suggestions on a good mild cigar? Seems like most of you enjoy them.
Old 10-10-2011, 05:03 PM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean_mt View Post
I've been an off and on cigarette smoker for...way too long. When I am off I usually turn to the pipe just ease the withdrawals in the evening. I'm going on a couple weeks of nearly cold turkey and it's been remarkably easy (staying away from certain friends helps too!), so I haven't wanted to ruin it.

But I certainly do enjoy a nice pipe on occasion, the local smoke shop makes a blend called "Wild West"...mellow sweetness and mild smoke...

I have never turned onto cigars but have thought that it would be a good compromise from the cigs (evil cigs, so good and so bad...). Because out fishing is one of the hardest times for me to not smoke. Any suggestions on a good mild cigar? Seems like most of you enjoy them.
I do enjoy them but I'm a cigarette smoker at heart. I haven't been able to kick that habit yet so I feel your pain. Congrats on going cold turkey. If I want a mild smoke I'll go with a Romeo & Juliet. The Acid cigar in the pic is a pretty good smoke. They make flavored cigars but not your typical flavor. They use all kinds of exotic spices and probably a few forms of poison to come up with some interesting flavors
Old 10-10-2011, 05:06 PM

gt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant future

Yikes, if you're looking for a mild smoke, I sure wouldn't do the Acid cigars! Those babies are rough!
Gary
hairwing530 likes this.
Old 10-10-2011, 05:52 PM

Liphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to behold

Even though there are lots of Fishers who still smoke as many friends have given it up,I can remember the era of "The Old Timers" smoking pipes however smoking has always been a no no over here whilst Fishing on Private Land because the threat of Bushfires.
Another huge problem & a large threat we have is people who use Public Lands,Fishing Areas who don't dispose of their Butts,Packets,Rubbish etc even when bins are close.

That doesn't stop our Mates from time to time on special occassions when we are all together breaking out The Drinks & handing out The Cigars.

swirlchaser I like your Cigar,also a beaut Reel.
Brian
hairwing530 likes this.
Old 10-10-2011, 06:02 PM

Thank you. I bought it on impulse because it looked different but it has actually proven itself as a pretty sturdy piece of hardware.
Old 10-10-2011, 08:28 PM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liphookedau View Post
Another huge problem & a large threat we have is people who use Public Lands,Fishing Areas who don't dispose of their Butts,Packets,Rubbish etc even when bins are close.
I've always had a dedicated vest pocket for butts, wrappers, and general small rubbish. The cigarette butt is the most littered object in the world.
fredaevans likes this.