The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2011, 03:44 AM

billydafish is on a distinguished road
Default So how many of you run websites on fishing or have your own blogs?

Wondering about how many of you guys run fishing sites, have your own blogs, or write online fishing articles etc ect ect.

I'd be interested to read into 'em and I'm sure I'm not the only guy here who might. Support your own, ya know.
Old 10-01-2011, 12:56 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: So how many of you run websites on fishing or have your own blogs?

Hi Billy,

I used to write for a salmon fishing web magazine but haven't had any material published there for almost 2 years. As far as creating a personal web site, there would have to be some underlying (business) purpose before I would go there. I began using the blog feature here because I could write about anything I wanted to. Most of the entries are about fish & fishing but some are about life in Alaska. I am about to place a very long entry into the blog threads that may run into 3 parts due to limitations on the word count and images per entry. The topic will be the changing season here; from what we accept as summer as it slips into fall. This has been a great year for foliage and lighting in photographs and I've been fishing up a storm so that I can provide images of the rivers, the landscapes, and of course some colorful fish that grabbed my flies.

I often debate whether to post these items into the Alaskan forum threads or to enter them on the blog page. Originally I thought that people would find them in the threads but that has proven not to be the case. As I became aware of what a blog is and that many people (visitors and members) actually seek them out I began to post stories in the blog. The link contained in the signature line on all my post is an inter forum link that will direct anyone interested in browsing through the stories to the blog posts. I hope you find your way there and that you are not disappointed with the stuff

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 10-01-2011, 01:35 PM

gt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant future

Yes, I do, PM sent to you.
Gary
Old 10-01-2011, 03:33 PM

bigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant future

I started a blog earlier this year, but have not added a lot to it as yet. They're something new to me, but I have read other folks fishing blogs and have begun to follow many of them. There's some that are really interesting & informative, and even some that I follow that aren't even the type of fishing I do, but the photo's are so amazing I had to follow them too!.

Remember, no one likes to be behind the big truck, but that's better than being under it!