The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2007, 04:21 PM

andrew1978 is on a distinguished road
Default fly fishing forum

Let me get straight to the point. The paranormal is extremely real and I have experienced the spirit world. When performing a seance at Frontenac Castle in Quebec, psychic medium Sol Sharmans contacted a number of spirits from a Canadian background. Lord Strathcona, William Christopher Freville, Cornelius Van Horne, and Louis de Buade. The ouija board was active throughout and one point Sol or Solihull performed the ancient art of table tipping. There was much communication between our psychic and the spirits, including telekinesis. All in all, everyone went home a firm believer. More information can be found at Paranormal Services Beyond.
Old 05-28-2007, 05:10 PM

Sahagan is on a distinguished road
Default Re: fly fishing forum

Hi Andrew;

Actually, according to scripture, the experience you report is just a bit, oh, false, I guess I'd say.

Here's what the bible says about the spirits of the dead....

1) Where do the spirits go, upon the death of the body? "Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the SPIRIT SHALL RETURN UNTO GOD who gave it." Ecclesiastes 12:7

2) What do the spirits of the dead know? Anything? "For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten." Ecc 9:5

3) Can the spirits of the dead communicate, even though they know nothing? "The dead praise not the Lord, neither any that go DOWN INTO SILENCE." Psalms 115:17 (an answer to the Catholics' practice of believing Mary, the mother of Jesus, can make intercession to Jesus for those who pray to her).

4) So, what will happen to the spirits of the dead, who know nothing, who cannot communicate, nor make intercession for others? For those who believe, it is, "For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also WHICH SLEEP IN JESUS WILL GOD BRING WITH HIM." 1Thess 4:14 This happens as the resurrection.

But those who know not God? Their spirits will be resurrected at 'the last day' , and will face this...."For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad. Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men...." 2 Cor 5:10-11a

So, you might like to re-examine your ideas concerning seances, spirits speaking and so forth....or then again, you might prefer not to believe scripture. Of course, it's your choice to make. It does look though, as if I've left you in the position of actually having to make a choice....

I am and remain sincerely yours,

Sahagan