The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2012, 02:50 PM

watson has a spectacular aura aboutwatson has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Photo Theme of the week or Month

Photo Contest Possibility

Not to step on this threads toes in a bad way but possibly to get more involvement perhaps, if there is no objection I would like to get rid of a dozen or so flies each month by doing a photo contest!

I inherited a ton of flies awhile back and while I am sure there are many things that I could do with them they don’t tend to be flies I use or would use all that often. However they seem to be very similar to a lot of what some of you guys throw and tie on a regular basis.

The best way I can think of doing it is by having all entries submitted to me through this website if that is even possible otherwise I will provide an email.

Then I will post the pictures as they come in and at the end of the month we will have a poll to decide the winner.
Initially I thought of just having peeps post them here and then I would choose the winner, being well it my contest, but it may be more entertaining if everyone has a say in it.

I would like to at least give it a go for the month of March and see what interest we have in it, if it seems to be a good thing and we get varying members contributing then I may continue to do it during my slowest months of the year.

Rules would be as follows:
-Entries must be submitted to me

- A limit of three entries per person (which only one picture from each person will be submitted to the poll)

- Photos must follow the theme provided

- All photos must be taken during time of photo contest (unless otherwise noted)

- Winner must provide mailing address to me via PM for Prize and offering!

Let me know what you guys think and if there are any issues with me doing this?

I will entertain other ideas as well!

P.S. Though I am offering a prize of a dozen classic old school flies the idea of this is just to motivate people to get out and get active (aka taking pictures) the prize is just an added bonus.

Cheers!
Watson
Old 03-03-2012, 04:18 PM

watson has a spectacular aura aboutwatson has a spectacular aura about

Well I'll take it as there is no interest in that.
Thanks for letting me know by not letting me know
Peace
Watson
Old 03-03-2012, 05:15 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

I just now saw the post, I have no opinion to offer but had not seen your suggestion until you bumped it just now.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 03-03-2012, 05:47 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

OK, I don't do a lot of those kinds of shots, but here's one sorta...
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 03-03-2012, 06:03 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

Keep us posted on the theme, Watson!

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 10-07-2012, 12:02 PM

jsquires has a spectacular aura aboutjsquires has a spectacular aura about

One of the locals. Chilikadrotna River, Alaska.
thorsten likes this.
Old 10-31-2012, 09:23 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

For Better or For Worse I am wed to this place.

The shot from late summer would represent 'Better' the Aurora and the ice on the river herald the coming of the Worse.
milt spawn and thorsten like this.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;