The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2012, 05:41 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: New Year Bull moose;

That's a good looking moose and a good photo!

This one was feeding across a river from me a couple falls ago, he stuck around for a while then ate his way away............. I don't know if I'll ever get a picture of a big one.

[IMG]Click the image to open in full size.[/IMG]

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 01-03-2012, 08:32 PM

pab1 is a jewel in the roughpab1 is a jewel in the roughpab1 is a jewel in the rough

Thats another nice looking bull Hardy! Here is another one from Colorados Vasquez Peak Wilderness the year after the other pic. For some reason the area was packed with moose that year and the elk were nowhere to be found. There were two smaller bulls hanging out with this one. I even saw a cow and calf moose at about 12,000 ft elevation that season. Thats the only time I ever saw moose that high up.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 01-03-2012, 10:35 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute

Now that's a nice set of antlers, I wish I could get a big one for you. They can get big here but they also have a lot of hunting pressure on them. One of the rivers I fish in fall had over 40 bulls taken from the boat launch downstream in a length of 30 river miles. Those are just the ones that were reported taken off the river not those accessed by off road vehicles that came in from land.

Old 01-04-2012, 12:09 AM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

ard,
here's a cow i came across last year right by my folks house.
Click the image to open in full size.

casey

ARFE
Old 01-04-2012, 12:24 AM
Administrator

Nice slick coat, we should make this a 'Moose' thread

Old 01-04-2012, 12:29 AM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
Nice slick coat, we should make this a 'Moose' thread
yep, she was in good shape, a nice healthy cow it still blows your mind just how big these animals are.

ARFE