The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2012, 08:16 AM

gt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant future
Default Re: My Dad

In the case of both my father and my mother (who I was closer to), I was happy for them when they passed away. Suffering needs an end; I hope your dad went peacefully to his reward. You have my very deepest sympathy.
Gary
Old 01-03-2012, 08:23 AM

webrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to behold

Sorry for your loss Rip.

d

1. the fact or state of having been affected by or gained knowledge through direct observation or participation

2. that thing you get just moments after you needed it.
Old 01-03-2012, 09:30 AM

smalliesrule has a spectacular aura aboutsmalliesrule has a spectacular aura aboutsmalliesrule has a spectacular aura about

Sorry to hear of your loss. I lost my dad at Christmas 2 years ago, and it still stings to think o fhim. I know he's in heaven, and that I'll see him again, but I sure do miss him now. I'll keep you and your family in my prayers.
Stan
Old 01-03-2012, 10:17 AM

madjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud of
Send a message via Skype™ to madjoni

Sorry to read this Rip
Old 01-03-2012, 11:45 AM

fire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to behold

My condolences, Sir!

Over the years, I was Executor for my Grandfather and Dad's estates, and in both cases, I have their fishing tackle. Just looking at their tackle and remembering the fish caught with specific lures (neither was a fly fisherman) brings back the greatest of memories of the best of times!

I'm thankful to have enjoyed my time on the water with them, and to have paid it forward, and taught both of my sons to enjoy fishing.

"A leader with great passion and few skills always outperforms a leader with great skills and little passion." Chief Rick Lasky
Old 01-03-2012, 11:56 AM

mikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud of

Rip, I'm sad for your loss and happy for your memories...when I read your post my first thought was "sounds like Rip has things figured out." It's never easy...-Mike

Next time you fish tie on one of your dad's crappy flies and catch something with it.
Old 01-03-2012, 01:46 PM

cromney is just really nicecromney is just really nicecromney is just really nicecromney is just really nice

Sorry for your loss, thoughts and vibes sent your way.
Old 01-03-2012, 05:04 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

Rip, I agree with Mikel, ty on one of his crappy flies, catch a fish with it and stick the fly on a picture of him. My prayer is sent.

Dave
Old 01-04-2012, 02:42 AM

milt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear that Rip, my condolences. milt.
Old 01-04-2012, 08:50 AM

bigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant future

Rip, sounds like you two shared a lot of great times. My deepest condolences to you and your family. I'll keep you & your father in my thoughts & prayers.

Remember, no one likes to be behind the big truck, but that's better than being under it!