The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2012, 11:50 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default I've heard of 'unusual occupations,' but this about takes the cake.

Actually what fellow does makes great sense:

Bones and beetles: Florence taxidermist cleans carcasses and skulls with help of beetle colony
Old 01-07-2012, 12:38 PM

LenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: I've heard of 'unusual occupations,' but this about takes the cake.

I have a friend that owns his own business.

He lives in Germany and uses a deep sea diving suit and inspects sewer systems
in the big cities in Germany.
Old 01-07-2012, 03:12 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

I used to work at the San Diego Museum of Natural History. We had a bug box on the roof. It was big enough to put really big critters in. Nasty smelling.
Old 01-07-2012, 03:17 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: I've heard of 'unusual occupations,' but this about takes the cake.

Uhg! I can only imagine!!!!! Decaying flesh, hot sun, etc., and etc. Glad I didn't have to do the clean up.
Old 01-07-2012, 03:27 PM
Banned

Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredaevans View Post
Uhg! I can only imagine!!!!! Decaying flesh, hot sun, etc., and etc. Glad I didn't have to do the clean up.
Me too. I worked on dead critters but I had to get rock off mine. Their days of smelling bad had long passed.
Old 01-07-2012, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diver Dan View Post
Me too. I worked on dead critters but I had to get rock off mine. Their days of smelling bad had long passed.
Every bit of my 'prurient interest' wants more info; every bit of my common sense says: Don't ask.
Old 01-07-2012, 04:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredaevans View Post
Every bit of my 'prurient interest' wants more info; every bit of my common sense says: Don't ask.
Paleontology
Click the image to open in full size.

Last edited by Guest1; 01-07-2012 at 04:59 PM. Reason: add photo
Old 01-07-2012, 08:37 PM

mbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to behold

too cool Dan, that was one of my childhood job hopes. any fans of Dirty Jobs in here, he has shown some strange jobs on that show.
mike
Old 01-08-2012, 09:16 AM

Indeed I have Mike; some folks do really odd things to make a living. Would watch the show and wonder 'How much do they pay that Guy/Gal to do that 5 days per week?'