The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree373Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2012, 02:52 PM

paymaster is a glorious beacon of lightpaymaster is a glorious beacon of lightpaymaster is a glorious beacon of lightpaymaster is a glorious beacon of lightpaymaster is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: a foody thread?

Try this on a steak some time. Good!!!!!!!

2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1 Tablespoon Soy Sauce
2 Teaspoons Montreal Steak Seasoning
1 Teaspoon Espresso Powder(any extra finely ground coffee)
Mix ingredients well and rub this recipe on both sides of one steak. Let sit for at least one hour(more is better) before cooking.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 09-22-2012, 08:38 AM

cochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud of

That is one beautiful steak. Holy mackerel made my mouth water huge.
Old 09-24-2012, 11:53 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

penne alla bolagnese

ARFE
Old 09-25-2012, 01:03 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

I can see that I need to break down and take some pictures of my work in the kitchen. I have to run to Anchorage tomorrow but will probably be doing Sushi when I get home. Don't know if I'll have time for a batch of Hot & Sour Soup but I'll photo the rolls..........

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 09-25-2012, 05:59 PM

newby is a glorious beacon of lightnewby is a glorious beacon of lightnewby is a glorious beacon of lightnewby is a glorious beacon of lightnewby is a glorious beacon of lightnewby is a glorious beacon of light

Caseywise you must be one heck of a cook if your food tastes ANYWHERE near as good as it looks.

Cooking has been a passion of mind since I was 8 (hey, it's only been eight years since then)

I took two years of culinary and competed on a state level. I consider myself a fair cook.

And YOU are making me jealous!
caseywise likes this.
Old 09-25-2012, 09:16 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by newby View Post
Caseywise you must be one heck of a cook if your food tastes ANYWHERE near as good as it looks.

Cooking has been a passion of mind since I was 8 (hey, it's only been eight years since then)

I took two years of culinary and competed on a state level. I consider myself a fair cook.

And YOU are making me jealous!
Look carefully and you can see the candle wick in the middle of the pasta. It's part of the Southern Comfort candle series by Paula Deen...

Dave
Old 09-25-2012, 09:20 PM

newby is a glorious beacon of lightnewby is a glorious beacon of lightnewby is a glorious beacon of lightnewby is a glorious beacon of lightnewby is a glorious beacon of lightnewby is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by littledavid123 View Post
Look carefully and you can see the candle wick in the middle of the pasta. It's part of the Southern Comfort candle series by Paula Deen...

Dave
I feel SO much better now!!! Thanks!!!

Old 09-25-2012, 09:33 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

lol!!

casey

ARFE
Old 10-10-2012, 07:07 AM

paymaster is a glorious beacon of lightpaymaster is a glorious beacon of lightpaymaster is a glorious beacon of lightpaymaster is a glorious beacon of lightpaymaster is a glorious beacon of light

Had this last night.

Beef Tips over Noodles

1 1/2 lbs. of cubed up stew meat
1/2 lbs. mushrooms
1/2 onion slivered
1(1 oz pack) of dry onion soup mix
1(10 oz) can of cream of mushroom soup(undiluted)
1 (10 oz) can of condensed beef broth(undiluted)
1/4 cup red wine(optional)
1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon cornstarch to aid in thickening
Place beef in the slow cooker and mix the other ingredients in a bowl and pour over the beef. Cook on low for 6-8 hours until beef is tender. Serve over rice or noodles.

kayo and newby like this.
Old 10-10-2012, 06:12 PM

Jambalaya tonight!

SLOW COOKER JAMBALAYA
1 lb skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut up into small pieces
1 lb smoked sausage, sliced
1 28oz can diced tomatoes with juice
1 large onion, chopped
1 large green bell pepper, chopped
1 c chopped celery
1 c chicken broth
2 tsp dried oregano 2 tsp dried parsley 2 tsp Cajun seasoning 1 tsp cayenne pepper 1/2 tsp dried thyme
1 c instant rice
1 package of shrimp
1. Place all ingredients except rice and shrimp in slow cooker. Cook on low for 7-8 hours, or on high for 3-4 hours.
At the end add shrimp to cook then pull out some of this to make room for rice, unless you have a big crock pot. Once rice is cooked add everything back and enjoy.

Last edited by paymaster; 10-12-2012 at 10:54 AM. Reason: Added recipe to the post.