The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree373Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2012, 12:37 PM

thorsten has a spectacular aura aboutthorsten has a spectacular aura aboutthorsten has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: a foody thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by morayflyfisher View Post
That would go down well Thorsten.

Danke
Oh yes!! And the best thing is, that you can eat the shrimps complete, if they are crispy enough. I learned that in Taiwan

But my wife is always shocked when I do that

THORSTEN
Old 10-24-2012, 12:53 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

That's what I love about European fish markets. Fresh shrimp heads on not like the frozen **** we get here! Looks delicious!
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 10-25-2012, 12:35 AM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

meat loaf from above....

1 1/2 lb ground chuck
1/2 c minced onions
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 c fresh bread crumbs (any bread run through your blender)
1/2 tsp dried parsley
3 cloves finely minced garlic
kosher salt to taste
cracked pepper
bacon
1 c ketchup
1/4 c brown sugar
2 tbls worchestire sauce
1 tbls honey

mix by hand the meat,eggs, bread crumbs and herbs/seasonings
form into a nice loaf form in a medium baking dish
layer the raw bacon across the loaf
bake 350 for 50 min.

Click the image to open in full size.

while this is baking -
in a seprate sauce pot combine the ketchup,sugar,shire and honey
bring to a simmer and turn off. this will be your glaze.

after 50 min baking, brush the ketchup mix on an bake for an additional 20-25 min

casey

ARFE
Old 10-25-2012, 11:41 AM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of

Yes, please, that looks delicious.

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 10-25-2012, 02:58 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Some of these camp meals are great, I have one of those folding grills like Paymaster showed. Carried in the boat it allows for burgers, dogs - brats' or steaks to be done without much mess. This is a great thread Casey!

This picture is about as real & gritty as they get for a 'camp cooking shot' while John and Pam (fysh & Mrs. Fysh) were here in August we pulled over on a large gravel bar and built a fire. With no chairs but a cooler for the old guy to sit on while grilling burgers we had lunch. I use a machete to flip burgers and roll hot dogs. It works well and is handy for cutting brush also We did burn the beer box and clean up the fire site so not to leave any evidence.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 10-25-2012, 03:23 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Classic Ard, Classic .... but you do need to get that hair trimmed. After all, "Fearless Leaders" must be looking sharp.

Forgot to add: Meat Loaf is my all time fav meal. Looked at the photo's above and immediatly salivated.
caseywise likes this.
Old 10-25-2012, 06:00 PM

Liphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsquires View Post
Spaghetti night in the Alaskan wilderness. Okay, it's not elaborate, but there was that magnum of Von Strasser cab.
You didn't do too bad considering where you were,Spag Bol seems to be a Standard Meal for us Fishers/Shooters,another great one which we also like before a Hard Day is Bacon & Eggs as it will stick to your Ribs.

Fred.
I don't mind a Good Meatloaf either,as us Aussies would say also "Good Tucker"..

Ard.
Nearly everyone I know at some time has had one of those Little Grillers,they are great as you can throw them in anywhere.
We used to make them as well as many other items when we were Apprentices,we take them everywhere we go,even when we went across The Simpson Dessert in Inland Australia,lately I've noticed they are being imported from China,there must be literally Millions Worldwide.
Like us we don't go anywhere without The Esky,as a good Mate used to remind us "You can't beat Beer Off Ice"..
Brian.

Last edited by Liphookedau; 10-25-2012 at 06:18 PM.
Old 10-25-2012, 06:59 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
Some of these camp meals are great, I have one of those folding grills like Paymaster showed. Carried in the boat it allows for burgers, dogs - brats' or steaks to be done without much mess. This is a great thread Casey!

This picture is about as real & gritty as they get for a 'camp cooking shot' while John and Pam (fysh & Mrs. Fysh) were here in August we pulled over on a large gravel bar and built a fire. With no chairs but a cooler for the old guy to sit on while grilling burgers we had lunch. I use a machete to flip burgers and roll hot dogs. It works well and is handy for cutting brush also We did burn the beer box and clean up the fire site so not to leave any evidence.

Ard

Ard knows how to cook a riverside burger that's for sure!

We were so impressed with his talents that when we got home I ordered a grill and an Alaskan Burger Flipper(machete) of our own.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 10-25-2012, 08:45 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

And Fred,

I have an excuse for the hair & beard thing; the gal who cuts my hair had a baby and was off the whole summer. She came back to work and I have neatly cropped hair and a clean shave now.

We ate a lot of burgers & dogs huh John

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 10-25-2012, 09:13 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
And Fred,

I have an excuse for the hair & beard thing; the gal who cuts my hair had a baby and was off the whole summer. She came back to work and I have neatly cropped hair and a clean shave now.

We ate a lot of burgers & dogs huh John
mmmmmm.....burgers and dogs
totally my style when camping out!

casey

ARFE