The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree395Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2013, 01:07 PM

frogg will become famous soon enoughfrogg will become famous soon enough
Default Re: a foody thread?

I'm a big fan of food related posts, so I'm feeling good right now!

I started a new tradition of having a "Charlie Brown Thanksgiving" the week before Thanksgiving. This past year was the second one. Though we had more food than we could eat, I only got a few pics of the turkey. (The rest of the photos were of drunk people, go figure...) I brined it for 24 hours, let it 'cure' for 24 hours, and smoked it with apple and cherry for about 5 hours. Melt in your mouth yummyness!
Click the image to open in full size.

The next two pics are from a bonfire/foodfest we had over the Summer last year (2012). This is a bacon stuffed brisket I smoked.

And finally, for now, a trailside lunch of venison burgers, pretzel rods, cheese Nips, and Bud Light.

I do love good food!

Chris
paymaster and caseywise like this.
Old 01-24-2013, 12:58 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Chris is a BAD PERSON!

Had no idea how hungry I was until I saw his photos. Coming off the flu bug and Banquet TV dinners are about as creative as it been for the last three days.

A buck a toss, but at least its 'food.

Old 01-24-2013, 04:19 AM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

nice grub chris!!

casey

ARFE
Old 01-25-2013, 12:09 AM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute

a little stuffed pepper action

casey
paymaster, jaybo41 and rubberguy like this.

ARFE
Old 01-25-2013, 12:24 AM

newby is a glorious beacon of lightnewby is a glorious beacon of lightnewby is a glorious beacon of lightnewby is a glorious beacon of lightnewby is a glorious beacon of lightnewby is a glorious beacon of light

Casey, you can't keep posting this food without giving your fellow foody and amateur chef a taste! I demand that you next day air some of your frozen cuisine to my local so that I can personally inspect this food for the legitimacy of your claim that it is "home made." Methinks a certain Chef Flay is truly the one behind these pieces of tasty art.
caseywise likes this.
Old 01-27-2013, 05:45 PM

fettuccine alfredo with capicola

casey
paymaster likes this.

ARFE
Old 01-27-2013, 08:22 PM

paymaster is a glorious beacon of lightpaymaster is a glorious beacon of lightpaymaster is a glorious beacon of lightpaymaster is a glorious beacon of lightpaymaster is a glorious beacon of light

I fired my small smoker today to do Super Bowl Fatties for four friends at work. I decided to put some chops in as well.

caseywise, thorsten and frogg like this.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:23 PM

lasagna with pork sausage

tried a baguette garlic crostini.....not bad

casey
paymaster likes this.

ARFE
Old 02-06-2013, 10:53 PM

frogg will become famous soon enoughfrogg will become famous soon enough

Venison tenderloin, Montreal steak seasoning, gas grill, 20 minutes (give or take)...

Took me close to 10 minutes, and a half a beer, to completely devour...
Must be gettin' slow in my old age.
(Note the "fine china". It never had a chance of lasting long enough to rate a plate that needs to be washed.)

Chris
Old 03-13-2013, 04:18 PM

jeepster II is a glorious beacon of lightjeepster II is a glorious beacon of lightjeepster II is a glorious beacon of lightjeepster II is a glorious beacon of lightjeepster II is a glorious beacon of lightjeepster II is a glorious beacon of light

Here's some pics celebrating fifteen years of service from my triple burner camp stove. A grill box and a 14x16 inch griddle completes this setup along with a cover and a stand for the box and griddle when not in use. Jeepster doesn't go hungry. This may be the last year I'll ever use this stove for camping because Ill be roughing it in my travel trailer most of the time now.

Ruben's at the gila river

Breakfast at Saguaro Lake

Septuple burner breakfast at oak creek

Workn' both sides at the uncompahgre river

Midnight jalapeño cheeseburger and coc at the upper rio

More pics