The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree373Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2012, 06:31 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise
Default Re: a foody thread?

looks like a great time rip!!
luau style almost

casey

---------- Post added at 06:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:05 PM ----------

here's one of my old standbys
chicken cacciatore

Click the image to open in full size.

i like to use chicken thighs, bone in.
also tomato puree, white wine, crimini mushrooms, onions, fresh garlic, s & p, basil, oregano, bay leaf, a touch of red pepper flake and extra virgin olive oil.

casey

ARFE
Old 01-10-2012, 08:51 PM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future

Good looking dish, Casey. I've never done Cacciatore but I love slow cooking meat like that...and bone-in thighs all the way, every time.

I was cooking a venison stew tonight and actually thought of this thread, grabbed my camera and snapped the progress.

Now I have a question. How do you add photos from Flickr? I can't find the tag to copy and paste.

Last edited by dean_mt; 01-10-2012 at 09:40 PM.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:04 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute

get into flickr and get the proper view size of the image(i like medium), then right click and hit "copy image location". now back on my post i paste the image location i just copied.
next, hit "preview post" and when you get your preview, scroll down to where you can edit it. you will have your image info encased in two sets of brackets that look like this- [url]. simply delete the "url" and replace with "img" so it looks like this- [img]. so now you have your image location book ended by two sets of "[img]" brackets.
hope this helps

casey

ARFE
Old 01-10-2012, 09:40 PM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future

Thanks Casey, I would have never gone that route!

I found a creole flavored beef stew recipe from Emeril. I love creole/cajun flavors and methods, and I have a freezer of venison and antelope from a lucky and successful hunting season this year. I'm not a big venison roast fan, so when I butchered this year I cut for stew hunks, stir fry / fajita strips and some round steaks. This way, using good cuts of meat rather than the neck and misc. hunks, you get really nice tender stew meats.

I dredged with creole seasoned flour before browning, plus onion, carrot and celery (which I was out of), fresh basil and thyme and garlic:

Remove the browned meat, cook veggies down then add aromatics for just a couple minutes, remove it all. There was a real nice fond of browned stuff, deglaze with red wine, add brown stock, can of crushed tomatoes, meat and veggies and simmer it down.

Really good recipe. Nice slow warm heat and that essential cajun flavor.

Old 01-10-2012, 09:53 PM

boy that looks good!

ARFE
Old 01-10-2012, 10:27 PM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future

I'm much better at cooking and eating than I am at photgraphing the process.

Here's some stuff I enjoy though-

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.
Old 01-10-2012, 10:33 PM

cliff,
nice looking rib eye! my favorite cut hands down
chimay is a great brew as well

casey

ARFE
Old 01-11-2012, 12:25 PM

Easy does it, eh Cliff. That looks so great...a true spartan classic; grill, rib eye, good beer....mmmmmm....my grill is cold and closed for the season.
Old 01-14-2012, 11:26 PM

apple juice slow cooker moose pot roast with german style sauteed red cabbage, garlic mashed potatoes and a moose jus/red wine reduction gravy.

casey
trout sniper likes this.

ARFE
Old 01-20-2012, 10:17 PM

huli huli pork with grilled pineapple and red peppers. served with steamed rice and sauteed scallions.

casey

ARFE