The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree373Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2013, 07:53 PM

yonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: a foody thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseywise View Post
home fired pizza with italian pork sausage, spring onions, marinated artichoke hearts and garden fresh spinach.

Click the image to open in full size.

Holy cow.........a masterpiece.........indeed........ Some friends of mine actually built a brink oven, outside, near their deck.....just to woodfire a fine pizza.........they would all be in awe of your pizzacraft..........
Hardyreels and caseywise like this.

Here I walk slowly, deliberately, taking it one step, one trout, one sunset at a time. -Harry Middleton
Old 07-12-2013, 11:50 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

a little anni sushi....
bueno

ARFE
Old 07-13-2013, 06:03 PM

paymaster is a glorious beacon of lightpaymaster is a glorious beacon of lightpaymaster is a glorious beacon of lightpaymaster is a glorious beacon of lightpaymaster is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseywise View Post
a little anni sushi....
Could eat my weight in that goodness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
caseywise likes this.
Old 07-13-2013, 06:25 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by paymaster View Post
Could eat my weight in that goodness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
+1

That looks most excellent Casey!
caseywise likes this.
Old 07-13-2013, 07:45 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute

korean style country ribs....

all about the char

casey
paymaster and jaybo41 like this.

ARFE
Old 07-14-2013, 10:22 PM

cattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to all

So...I bought a new grill / smoker. My ultimate goal is to have a trailer mounted unit large enough for a whole hog.
However, we also needed a new propane grill and I wanted a charcoal grill and until the trailer unit becomes a reality I figured I should get the most bang for my buck. I was weighing my options when I came across this unit...
After making some modifications to improve the reliability and control of the smoker and charcoal grill, I gave the smoker it's maiden voyage tonight with a small pork loin and I wanted to share my results. I've dabbled with smoking before so its not my first rodeo but I am indeed a novice. Nevertheless, I was very happy with the results. Click the image to open in full size.
I definitely believe I could perfect this a little more, however the flavor was there and the experience has definitely left me anxious for another opportunity. I've got a Pork Shoulder in the freezer for next time...I'll keep you posted...
paymaster, jaybo41 and caseywise like this.

It's not what I catch when I'm fishing, it's what I lose that matters to me...
----------------------------------------
Good decisions come from experience...Experience comes from bad decisions...
Old 07-17-2013, 07:26 PM

bear 007 is a glorious beacon of lightbear 007 is a glorious beacon of lightbear 007 is a glorious beacon of lightbear 007 is a glorious beacon of lightbear 007 is a glorious beacon of light

You guys ever try hanger steaks before, if not give them a shot

I like to trim them before they hit the grill, some people do it after they get cooked

they get marinated then hit the egg (grill)

Old 07-18-2013, 11:47 PM

hoisin chile barbecued ribs

new family fav

casey

ARFE
Old 07-22-2013, 11:41 AM

paymaster is a glorious beacon of lightpaymaster is a glorious beacon of lightpaymaster is a glorious beacon of lightpaymaster is a glorious beacon of lightpaymaster is a glorious beacon of light

Wings and skinless chicken breasts on the Akorn yesterday. Most were lemon peppered but did a few plain for dunking in wing sauce.

Old 08-15-2013, 01:47 AM

tonites appetizer-
caprese salad w/ craft made mozz and garden fresh tomatoes as well
fresh basil.
aged balsamic and extra virgin olive oil as well as a sprinkle of kosher salt .
sooo goood.....

casey
paymaster likes this.

ARFE