The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree402Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2013, 09:41 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise
Default Re: a foody thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by darwin View Post
I have decided I need to learn how to bake sourdough. More practice needed.

Click the image to open in full size.
now thats some awesome looking bread!
oozes custard french toast or bread pudding
nice job.

casey

ARFE
Old 10-16-2013, 01:09 PM

siege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant future

The bread looks great, Darwin ! It just gets better as you go along. The longer your starter matures, the better it works. If you don't bake bread every week, sourdough pancakes are a great change of pace for Sunday brunch, and give you an excuse to use some of your starter, and feed and refresh it.
Let me know what time breakfast will be, and I'll bring the homemade huckleberry syrup
Old 10-16-2013, 01:17 PM

darwin is a jewel in the roughdarwin is a jewel in the roughdarwin is a jewel in the roughdarwin is a jewel in the rough

I generally don't eat breakfast but I do want to be able to produce good breakfast items, so I will give those a try in the future. I haven't had huckleberries in many years, some jam/jelly would be nice
Thanks guys!
Old 10-16-2013, 02:13 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Bread - Pumpkin Rolls - Pork Butt - OMG

If I had all this food I would need different waders for sure!

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 10-16-2013, 06:16 PM

calftail is a splendid one to beholdcalftail is a splendid one to beholdcalftail is a splendid one to beholdcalftail is a splendid one to beholdcalftail is a splendid one to beholdcalftail is a splendid one to beholdcalftail is a splendid one to behold

How's bout some cheese cake........

a cinnamon roll

maybe a piece of crumbcake

---------- Post added at 05:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:46 PM ----------

After your chili burger and fries of course !

Nice crumb on the bread Darwin...I can smell it from here.
Old 10-20-2013, 06:22 PM

calftail is a splendid one to beholdcalftail is a splendid one to beholdcalftail is a splendid one to beholdcalftail is a splendid one to beholdcalftail is a splendid one to beholdcalftail is a splendid one to beholdcalftail is a splendid one to behold

Home made vegetable soup and grilled cheese sandwich with home grown tomatoes !

Old 10-28-2013, 07:30 PM

Grilled chicken marinated in soy, basil, garlic and ground pepper and greased with evvo.

Ravioli with sage and browned butter sauce. Sprinkle of parm. cheese. Sage from the garden.

Chilled cranberry sauce.

Homemade cheesecake with raspberry jelly topping latter. Right now I'm snackin' on a few m&m's the wife got for Halloween kids.

mcnerney, fredaevans and caseywise like this.
Old 11-20-2013, 10:36 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

pot roast pot pie
mmmmm

casey
mcnerney and calftail like this.

ARFE
Old 12-20-2013, 08:50 PM

Traditional family Xmas cookies....Krumkake

God Yule !!!
Old 12-20-2013, 10:16 PM

dean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond repute

Makes sense that you are also a cookie baker. I haven't made my grandmother's star cookie in a couple years. I should do that tomorrow. Even though my dad will never think they are as good, I think I am the last one that can come close.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk