The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2012, 01:42 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute
Default NFL playoff game....

I know, I know, it's not fly fishing but hey I'll post it anyway here in the 'Den'.

We have a few Bronco fans here so I'm wondering who's watching the game tonight? and who thinks Tebow can keep it going?

I think the Broncos have a chance tonight, but it's very dependent on whether the "D" shows up or not, if they can get to Brady, or atleast keep pressure on him I think Denver can pull off the upset.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm probably wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

http://www.wasatchguideservice.com/

Old 01-14-2012, 01:50 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NFL playoff game....

Tebow is a good character witness for the kids, nice to see for a change.

Dave
Old 01-14-2012, 01:51 PM

mikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud of

...just killing time waiting for the 9ers kickoff. Good luck to all who still have a team alive...except Saint fans.
Old 01-14-2012, 01:51 PM

kayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to all

Heck, I took the Broncos +13 1/2
Old 01-14-2012, 02:00 PM

fire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to behold

I view all of this football stuff as just a filler on television, meant to fill airtime until the green flag drops in Daytona!

Boogity, boogity, boogity! Let's go racin', boys!!!

"A leader with great passion and few skills always outperforms a leader with great skills and little passion." Chief Rick Lasky
Old 01-14-2012, 02:29 PM

bigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud of

I'm a Ravens fan, and I really like this guy, Tebow! I especially like his attitude, his conviction, and his team seems to be behind him 100%. Not enough athletes like him, especially at the pro level. Too many with the "ME FIRST" attitude!

I'm hoping that Denver eliminates the Pat's. Besides, I think the Ravens can beat Denver. I think they can beat anyone, but with the way they've played this year, their chances appear better against Denver than against NE IMO.

They need all the help they can get!

Remember, no one likes to be behind the big truck, but that's better than being under it!
Old 01-14-2012, 02:34 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Liking the Bronco's hasn't been an easy road to travel for quite a while. It was however good to see the team from (I can't even say the name) get what they have had coming to them for years. To receive their just due at Mile High was even better (scene of the crime) one of these years Seattle needs to get back at them as well but in that case I think the officials should have to play the Seahawks in order to set that strait.

As far as liking the Denver team goes, that started when the team was formed and I first learned of them when I was six. I didn't know much about football so I picked my teams the old fashioned way; if they had a cool logo and name I liked them. For a little kid growing up in the mountains of Pennsylvania what was not to like about the 'Denver' Bronco's, the West, Rocky Mountains, Bronco's, a bucking snorting horse, yep, I've been watching or listening the Bronco's for a long time.

Tonight's game will be a tough one to watch. I may actually go to town to a sports bar to see it, we have no TV here. I say tough to watch because I'm also a guy who likes the Pat's, this stems from the Steve Grogan years because he was such a tough guy and easy to respect. Kinda like Jim Kelly, a tough guy who was fun to watch. Seeing 2 teams you like play is like watching your two good friends fight, it's sad to see one lose.

I think they should both go to 3 Rivers Stadium and whoop them guys again in back to back games.

At least they all had something to dry their eyes with

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 01-14-2012, 05:52 PM

mojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant future

The Pats are going to school Denver, and Tebow will learn what a real QB is.
Old 01-14-2012, 06:13 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

looking forward to seeing denver get there butts handed to them.
hopefully the 49ers can hold on and finish off the saints.

ARFE
Old 01-14-2012, 07:11 PM

ted4887 is a name known to allted4887 is a name known to allted4887 is a name known to allted4887 is a name known to allted4887 is a name known to allted4887 is a name known to all

WOW! This 49ers game has been great! Old Vernon Davis still has what it takes. Unreal!

Oh yeah, Go Denver!!!