The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree35Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2012, 04:49 PM

grassonfly is just really nicegrassonfly is just really nicegrassonfly is just really nicegrassonfly is just really nicegrassonfly is just really nice
Default Re: Our forum.

This being my first forum i have not seen what can happen to one. Though it isnt the peoples job to ban solicitors its everyones job to make it known to the admins. In the future i would recommend that instead of getting into a heated argument that a member should simply message an admin to make light of someones wrong doing.
Old 01-19-2012, 05:01 PM

madjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud of
Send a message via Skype™ to madjoni

Guys,if my words counts for anything this is most peaceful forum I ever saw
Maybe it is just me but I never had any problem here and I hope that I didnt provoke anyone ....
Old 01-19-2012, 05:13 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

This is a wonderful site and if not for the men and women working to keep the standards high, we too would sink. It is apparent that the greater majority quickly recognizes a poster whose intentions are less than respectable. And although we each have our own ideas how to best manage the situation, the "problem" does usually go away. There are times I wish the thread was shut down quicker.

Dave
Old 01-19-2012, 05:34 PM

ausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to behold

Dog-goned bobber-nymphing felt-footed Winston fans!!!!

I've been on for a year and a half, maybe 2 years and I've not found anyone to be too overtly rude or even annoying at that. I've learned to "agree to disagree" over the years and I think that most of you have also. There is a venue for vehement disagreement, but the fly fishing forum is not it...save that for the town hall or the political pages. I like the way this forum is...its as care-free and relaxed as flyfishing itself; I havn't seen a movement away from this, but I hope there isn't one on the horizon.

Just to reiterate what I've said before, I enjoy the company and the advice that I find here from all of your seasoned vets. DDan, HuronRiverDan, Fysh, Dean, Ard, Gary, etc... All of you and many others have give me good advice and tips that have made me a much better angler over the last couple seasons. THANKS TO ALL OF THE KIND AND HELPFUL MEMBERS ON HERE!
fire instructor likes this.
Old 01-19-2012, 05:40 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by madjoni View Post
Guys,if my words counts for anything this is most peaceful forum I ever saw
Maybe it is just me but I never had any problem here and I hope that I didnt provoke anyone ....
How dare you call us peaceful! Just kidding
Quote:
Originally Posted by ausablebrown View Post
DDan, HuronRiverDan, Fysh, Dean, Ard, Gary, etc...
I'm first! What do I win?
littledavid123 likes this.
Old 01-19-2012, 05:45 PM

ausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diver Dan View Post
How dare you call us peaceful! Just kidding

I'm first! What do I win?
A shiny new pack of "bobbers" and a vile of invasive species
Guest1, dean_mt, caseywise and 1 others like this.
Old 01-19-2012, 08:01 PM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future

I was once on a site where discussions of controversial issues got heated and some folks couldn't act like adults.

I'm going to refer to that situation over and over when somebody says something I disagree with, so that I can get any evidence of an opinion I don't like deleted from this board.

That sounds reasonable, right?

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.
Old 01-19-2012, 08:10 PM
Banned

Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

Then there's the guys who learn from their mistakes. They can duplicate them exactly.
littledavid123 and schiff like this.
Old 01-19-2012, 08:25 PM

fire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to behold

I must be too new (or naive) to se it, but I can say that based on my experiences on several other forums, two in particular (one a large RV forum, and the other a NA$CAR forum) the folks on THIS forum are about as nice as nice can get! In my short time, I've been VERY impressed!

"A leader with great passion and few skills always outperforms a leader with great skills and little passion." Chief Rick Lasky
Old 01-19-2012, 08:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fire instructor View Post
I must be too new (or naive) to se it, but I can say that based on my experiences on several other forums, two in particular (one a large RV forum, and the other a NA$CAR forum) the folks on THIS forum are about as nice as nice can get! In my short time, I've been VERY impressed!
99.9% of the time that's true. Of the 0.1% where it isn't, half comes from the top 4 on my list. Half comes from the last one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diver Dan View Post
Here is a short list of what annoys me;

Spammers
Politically motivated nonsense. None of which can be shown to be true. (This did irrepairable damage to the Spey Pages, as I have mentioned several times)
Wrong information that the purveyor refuses to stop spreading, especially when it wasn't even asked about. (One of them started off as a spammer also)
Potstirrers, of which we have one working as we speak.
People who act like a spoiled child when called on any of the above.