The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree35Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2012, 01:57 PM

FISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Our forum.

Just remember that opinions are like As*&oles, every one has one. I often dissagree with what other people post, but that is their right to post it.
littledavid123 likes this.
Old 01-20-2012, 02:21 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

I think we'll be just fine here. In an effort to remove any aggregate I may present at times I am going to begin using indicators and deep nymphs on a favorite lake when I fish there this year.

Peace Baby
fysh, jaybo41, caseywise and 1 others like this.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 01-20-2012, 02:27 PM

fire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to behold

I think that I stumbled onto the offending thread while surfing this morning, and I only have one question:

Should I wear rubber sole or felt sole waders while bobber fishing from my kayak?
Hardyreels and littledavid123 like this.

"A leader with great passion and few skills always outperforms a leader with great skills and little passion." Chief Rick Lasky
Old 01-20-2012, 02:46 PM

ausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by fire instructor View Post
I think that I stumbled onto the offending thread while surfing this morning, and I only have one question:

Should I wear rubber sole or felt sole waders while bobber fishing from my kayak?
You can bobber fish from your kayak wearing your birthday stockings for all I care...whatever you do just make sure your invasive species are all cleaned off
Hardyreels and littledavid123 like this.
Old 01-20-2012, 03:44 PM

bigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant future

In the short time I've been here, I've not read too many discussions that I would call heated. I have also been on other forums where folks got down right nasty, and unfortunately, there are folks who don't know when to just shut up.

We're all different, and our likes & dislikes are all different, and we won't all agree all the time about everything that's discussed. Would likely be quite boring if we did! Opinions will always vary, and I have no problem with that. I think we all have a responsibility to be civil no matter what our opinion may be.

I really enjoy this site & enjoy the discussion of most anything fly fishing related, or just fishing related for that matter. No one knows everything there is to know, but there is a great group here & a ton of knowledge & experience. I hope that when I add something to any discussion it helps someone along the way.

I also have my opinions about other topics that can become quite heated, such as religion or politics, but if I can't discuss them face to face, and in an intelligent manner with someone, I won't discuss them at all. I don't consider the internet face to face when it comes to these types of topics anyway!

Remember, no one likes to be behind the big truck, but that's better than being under it!
Old 01-20-2012, 04:32 PM

fire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to behold

I actually enjoy healthy disagreements, as long as they are done in a respectable manner. They tend to force people to at least open their eyes to a side of an issue that they had previously refused to condsider.

Some 15 years ago, I was working F/T as a Code Enforcement Officer / Building Inspector, and I had a sign hanging in my office that said "Argueing with the Building Inspector is like wrestling with a pig in the mud. Eventually you will figure out that the pig enjoys it!"

"A leader with great passion and few skills always outperforms a leader with great skills and little passion." Chief Rick Lasky
Old 01-20-2012, 05:06 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fire instructor View Post
as long as they are done in a respectable manner.
And that right there is the crust of the bisquit. It doesn't happen that way. Then you have hard feelings followed by poutng, and snide remarks.
Old 01-20-2012, 05:11 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute

It may not be what it was, and it may not be perfect--(then again which one is?) but it is easily one of the best I have found. Great people here, willing to help. By avoiding controversial topics and sticking to fly fishing, those responsible have created a great source of entertainment and information. Thanks to all those responsible for that. Keep up the great work and THANK YOU.
Old 01-20-2012, 06:25 PM

Liphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud of

Hi all.
Even though it has become larger it's still a very helpful friendly place which I enjoy being part of,it doesn't matter where you seem to go these days there's always someone who always upsets The System/Applecart so to speak & because of Electronic Media it has become a normal thing for some.
Brian.
Old 01-20-2012, 06:30 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
I think we'll be just fine here. In an effort to remove any aggregate I may present at times I am going to begin using indicators and deep nymphs on a favorite lake when I fish there this year.

Peace Baby
Pictures Please...

Dave