The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree35Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2012, 12:51 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Our forum.

Will do Dave,

By the way, I put an article written a year ago on my blog. It was about Forums and specifically this one. I was ask for an article based on my experience here by a magazine publication. When I sent copy on what I had written they then told me they needed 500 word maximum in what they ran...................... So, we didn't really work together on anything I had written, it seems I'm long winded

Please remember, this was written in February of 2011, I did edit some numbers to make them current but other wise it is in its original first draft form, you might enjoy what I had to say.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 01-22-2012, 01:29 AM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diver Dan View Post
Wrong information that the purveyor refuses to stop spreading, especially when it wasn't even asked about. (One of them started off as a spammer also)
OK, while we are airing the sheets. Let's talk about this one from my list. I hate when somebody gives bad advice worse than socks that creep. It doesn't happen much, but on the rare occasion that it does, it seems they really hate being called on it.

People come to this forum for advice. I came to this forum for advice. I was looking for advice on Walleye fishing. A google search led me to a post by HuronRiverDan. That's how I found this forum. I have since become pretty good at getting Walleye on a fly rod. Now what if I had been spoon fed a pile of malarky? Maybe I would have been OK, maybe not. Maybe it would have taken longer to get where I am. My point is, I would not have been helped in any way, shape or form by a load of wrong BS. I hate wrong BS. I have a hard time letting it slide. I am not a big fan of the spammer type either. Combine the two and I really am not going to be a fan of yours, to say the least. We have one who posts fairly often, but has knocked off the spam, and one who is in full spam/bad info mode. The first only posts a load of BS on a few things, and I'm sure he's a fine fisherman in his own area of comfort. The other is just a load of spamming wrongery. I won't point out who they are, but I think it's wrong to allow them to go unchallenged in their spam ridden wrong balogna. Since we seem to have been infected by facebook, like this if you think "wrong" should not be allowed to fly.
Old 01-22-2012, 08:38 AM

okuma is a glorious beacon of lightokuma is a glorious beacon of lightokuma is a glorious beacon of lightokuma is a glorious beacon of lightokuma is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via Yahoo to okuma

It's only natural to become this large when the site is this good. I ditto what Jaybo says. Which btw, the one time jaybo and I fished, we met a few members from a "former" site we both were on. Controversy was live and in person then. Quite interesting. And yes, jay and I had a few comments...whcih we kept to ourselves
jaybo41 likes this.
Old 01-23-2012, 09:16 PM

FlyFlinger2421 will become famous soon enoughFlyFlinger2421 will become famous soon enough

Sounds to me as though Diva Dan has got it figured out. If he doesn't like what you have to say and can't find logical arguments to refute what you have to say, he simply hijacks the thread and begins name calling.
For me, "Pot stirring" as he so eloquently puts it, is what makes me think and evaluate my opinion on a subject. i am willing to change my opinion if I am shown facts that warrant a change. If you don't occasionally stir the pot, its contents get burned on the bottom!
How about it Diva Dan? Can we come to some agreement here?

Last edited by FlyFlinger2421; 01-23-2012 at 09:47 PM.
Old 01-23-2012, 10:17 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyFlinger2421 View Post
Sounds to me as though Diva Dan has got it figured out. If he doesn't like what you have to say and can't find logical arguments to refute what you have to say, he simply hijacks the thread and begins name calling.
For me, "Pot stirring" as he so eloquently puts it, is what makes me think and evaluate my opinion on a subject. i am willing to change my opinion if I am shown facts that warrant a change. If you don't occasionally stir the pot, its contents get burned on the bottom!
How about it Diva Dan? Can we come to some agreement here?
I missed the part where you showed the logic in picking which laws you believe were OK to break. As the potstirring, just read your last comment, better yet go look at your list of posts. I think I made it pretty clear, I don't like law breakers and self professed poachers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyFlinger2421 View Post
I am technically a "poacher" !
And you started off with your very first post smamming. Here is a link to your first relpy.
New member wants to say hello!
So unless you are saying you are a lawbreaking, potstirring spammer I don't think we will be agreeing.
Old 01-27-2012, 07:34 PM

Liphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to behold

Hi All.
I think it's time to close this thread as we all know what has been done has been done,wright or wrong,the last thing any of want is this type of thing to keep going on as some people in the wrong always have a come back,so for Heaven's sake close this thread & get back to more relevant,interesting subjects on The Forum.
Brian.
grassonfly likes this.
Old 01-27-2012, 08:04 PM

grassonfly is just really nicegrassonfly is just really nicegrassonfly is just really nicegrassonfly is just really nicegrassonfly is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liphookedau View Post
Hi All.
I think it's time to close this thread as we all know what has been done has been done,wright or wrong,the last thing any of want is this type of thing to keep going on as some people in the wrong always have a come back,so for Heaven's sake close this thread & get back to more relevant,interesting subjects on The Forum.
Brian.
i couldnt agree more
Old 01-27-2012, 08:08 PM

fire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to behold

In before the lockdown........

Some folks have to "get a grip"....

"A leader with great passion and few skills always outperforms a leader with great skills and little passion." Chief Rick Lasky