The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2012, 06:39 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: You like it hot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverbilly View Post
My neighbor grows habanero and scotch bonnets. They're prolific plants so to use them up we've take to making stuffed peppers with them. Cheese and sausage wrapped in bacon.

Also take the biggest one you can find, cut the top off and clean it out. Makes a tasty little shot glass for some good tequila.

Well anything with cheese, sausage and bacon HAS to be good! Right?

And the guttin' of a pepper is a very original thought. I think we'll do that sometime this Summer for our "end of Summer party"

Oh, and by the way...welcome to the forum.

---------- Post added at 06:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:37 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseywise View Post
i almost forgot another one of my favs- kimchi.
great flavor!

I've heard it's really good but smells like......um, er, well it doesn't smell very good.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 02-12-2012, 09:34 AM

john2snakes is on a distinguished road

I remember the first time I saw a Habenero (spelling) ok Scotch Bonnet.

It was back in 1993 I guess. I was having lunch with some friends at work and one of my frineds was a Texican. As I sat there eating my bologna sanwich he asked if I'd like a small bell pepper along with my sandwich. I had never seen one so small so thought I'd try it. I bit into the pepper and got about half of it in my mouth and was chewing, when the the explative,"S.O.B." came out!
Jose was pissing his pants laughing at me! That pepper was so hot it was poisonous!
That was my introduction to really hot peppers!
Old 02-12-2012, 09:53 AM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute

Last night I was foolish enough to put something called "Pain 100%" on my pulled pork
It's a thick habanero sauce that comes in a 1/2 pint, hipflask type bottle

I'm paying for it big time right now
Old 02-12-2012, 10:05 AM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip Tide View Post
Last night I was foolish enough to put something called "Pain 100%" on my pulled pork

owe!!

i'll stick with siracha and tabasco

ARFE
Old 02-12-2012, 11:50 AM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by john2snakes View Post
I remember the first time I saw a Habenero (spelling) ok Scotch Bonnet.

It was back in 1993 I guess. I was having lunch with some friends at work and one of my frineds was a Texican. As I sat there eating my bologna sanwich he asked if I'd like a small bell pepper along with my sandwich. I had never seen one so small so thought I'd try it. I bit into the pepper and got about half of it in my mouth and was chewing, when the the explative,"S.O.B." came out!
Jose was pissing his pants laughing at me! That pepper was so hot it was poisonous!
That was my introduction to really hot peppers!

Oh man, that's a rough introduction!

Just curious....how did you get even with him?

Quote:

That adds meaning to the ol' Cheech and Chong phrase..."Come on ice cream!"

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 02-12-2012, 01:07 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Me, I like peppers, yep. But I learned something a long time back, be careful what you touch and always do a touch test using a small implement to taste with before you get carried away.

Peppers are like salt and any other spice for cooking. They can be analogized with a hair cut or cutting a board; you can always take some more off but you can't put any back With the spices, you can always add more but you can't take any out............

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 02-12-2012, 05:11 PM

grassonfly is just really nicegrassonfly is just really nicegrassonfly is just really nicegrassonfly is just really nicegrassonfly is just really nice

my problem with hot sauces is that they are too salty
Old 02-12-2012, 08:04 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute

siracha
Click the image to open in full size.
best spicy condiment ever

casey
mojo likes this.

ARFE
Old 02-26-2012, 12:18 AM

for all you fellow spicy peanut fiends-

Click the image to open in full size.

!!

casey

ARFE
Old 02-26-2012, 02:07 AM

kayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to all

Quote:

In our out