The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2012, 05:39 AM

jimw has a spectacular aura aboutjimw has a spectacular aura aboutjimw has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: You like it hot?

If you use House Autry med hot seafood breader for fried foods its a little spicy but not real hot. Well the other day i went to make sausage gravy and was out of flour so i used the breader instead. Its is by far the best Cajun sausage gravy i ever had and i love to start the day with a head full of sweat. YUMMY
Old 02-26-2012, 09:10 AM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

Just picked up some new hot sauce from a local guy, it is AWESOME. I got a hold of "The Sniper," its a spicy ranch, goes good on everything from Philly Steaks to omelets to Ramen! Check out www.koopskitchen.com if interested, I also tried his barbeque sauce and his spicy mustard, all of which are spectacular. Plus he fly fishes!

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 02-26-2012, 10:39 AM

mojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseywise View Post
siracha
Click the image to open in full size.
best spicy condiment ever

casey
Get some mayo, and add some of this to it. Little shot or a big shot. If I had anextra hand, I'd give it 3 thumbs up

Another hot sauce although it's not that hot, is Sun Luck Chili Garlic Sauce. Very tasty.
I like hot stuff, but I also like to taste my food. Ghost chilies, not for me.
Old 02-26-2012, 11:52 AM

darwin is a jewel in the roughdarwin is a jewel in the roughdarwin is a jewel in the roughdarwin is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseywise View Post
siracha
best spicy condiment ever

casey
I keep a bottle of this in my desk at work.
Old 02-26-2012, 02:28 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Yesterday I turned out another batch (a couple gallons) of Hot & Sour soup. We are having better Thai, Chinese, and Sushi / Sashimi than we can get at restaurants right here at home now. The beauty of getting this right is that you need not dredge around with the ladle looking for some solids in the soup as often happens at a restaurant.

The start up cost was fairly high because the cooking required a whole new realm of seasonings and ingredients but I now have a cupboard stocked full of whatever it may take to turn out a good dish.

Casey, I would have taken pictures yesterday but my avocado was less than perfect and would have detracted from the rest of the work. Being from Alaska you know how hard it is to get good produce. When you do, keeping it for a day too long often results in a bad turn out.......

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 02-26-2012, 03:08 PM

darwin is a jewel in the roughdarwin is a jewel in the roughdarwin is a jewel in the roughdarwin is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
Yesterday I turned out another batch (a couple gallons) of Hot & Sour soup. We are having better Thai, Chinese, and Sushi / Sashimi than we can get at restaurants right here at home now........
Hot & Sour is one of my favorites
Old 02-26-2012, 10:06 PM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future

There's a taqueria near me wish a dish y'all would love: Chilaquiles a la Mexicana.

Chilaquiles with cheese is a local favorite, and its usually tomatoes, chiles and onions mixed with scrambled eggs, with crispy tortilla strips thrown in at the last minute, then topped with cheese.

The "a la Mex" version at Taqueria Aguascalientes has loads of guajillo chiles added in. Its not blazing hot, but REALLY loaded with flavor. Its so good that I now seek out guajillo's any chance I get.

Sriracha fans, make sure you try it on pizza if you haven't already. Its good on all varieties, but I won't eat hawaiian pizza (ham and pineapple) without it.

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.
Old 12-13-2012, 05:25 PM

riverbilly is just really niceriverbilly is just really niceriverbilly is just really niceriverbilly is just really niceriverbilly is just really nice

With the freeze that was coming earlier this week, and it did get into the upper 20's a few nights, my two neighbors picked all the pepper plants. One neighbor has a huge greenhouse he uses to grow starts and transplants for some of the local nurseries. It was a pepper fest.

This is just a small sample of what got picked. And what do you do with all those peppers? Some will be dried and some will get smoked, but my favorite is fresh.

So you like it hot, huh. The Naga Bhut Jolokia, aka the ghost pepper.
It'll make a grown man cry.
Old 12-13-2012, 06:27 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

nice looking harvest david! quite the variety you have there
and the pico looks very tasty as well (some nice thick tortilla chips woul be great with that, you know the ones ).
ghost pepper.....tried it once an ummmmm
makes a jalapeno taste like cotton candy

casey

ARFE
Old 12-13-2012, 06:41 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

Picked up a new pepper plant while working in South Texas, it is a native pepper from that region that grows wild along the river banks. The "Chili Petin" is not much bigger than a pea is extremely hot with a wonderful flavor. We put just one of these little buggers in a pot of stew and you could tell it was there. Folks say it will grow up north as long as it's kept indoors during the winter. It is more of a bush than a yearly plant and will grow up to 4 feet high and put on a thousand peppers in a year...

The birds are supposed to love the peppers, hmmm, naturally spiced quail!

Dave