The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2012, 09:05 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute
Default You like it hot?

Anyone that knows me knows that I like food with a "kick". I eat Tabasco (I know it's not that hot) almost everyday on something. You ever had those flaming hot Cheetos dipped in Tabasco?.....mmmmmm, good stuff. When in a Mexican restaurant I also get a bowl of their hottest salsa with my chips.
I did have an experience last year with some purgatory wings from a local place that wasn't all that enjoyable though, even made the mistake of wiping the sweat from my forehead and had some of the purgatory sauce on my finger. Freakin' left a burn mark too. DUH! OUCH!

How about you? Experiences and recommendations welcome.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 01-19-2012, 09:13 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of
Default Re: You like it hot?

Sriracha is one of my favorites, it mixes well to make different sorts of sauces as well. Also, there is a place in my hometown called Tijuana Flats which has a "Hot Bar" with a huge selection of different hot sauces. It's really excellent. Next time I'm home I'll pick some up and direct them your way, but until then, you might appreciate this:
https://www.tijuanaflatshotfoods.com/hotfoods/hot-sauce

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 01-19-2012, 09:19 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Ya know, there's hot, and then there's just plain damn silly!

https://www.tijuanaflatshotfoods.com...auce/red-ghost
A Scoville Rating of: 1,240,000

Yea, I think I'll pass on that one.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 01-19-2012, 09:26 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

Gotta love that ghost pepper!

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 01-19-2012, 09:29 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

i'm a big fan of siracha as well. another one of my favs is sambal.
love me some wasabi as well

casey

ARFE
Old 01-19-2012, 09:40 PM
Super Moderator

Wasabi! Me likey.
caseywise and ghost_reaper like this.

Old 01-19-2012, 11:19 PM

kayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to all

One of my tastiest is from Gallup New Mexico, Green Chile Stew and Posole with red chile sauce. It's not just hot, but the taste,WOW. Also the juevos rancheros, man is that good.
Old 01-19-2012, 11:56 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayo View Post
One of my tastiest is from Gallup New Mexico, Green Chile Stew and Posole with red chile sauce. It's not just hot, but the taste,WOW. Also the juevos rancheros, man is that good.

That does sound good!

A couple months ago at a tailgate party for our high school football team I had a Pork Chili and Posole mix that was outstanding. Probably close to the same thing?

Old 01-20-2012, 01:20 AM

JoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to behold

The hottest thing in my fridge right now is that Thai hot sauce with the rooster on the label. Or the jar of Trappey's tabasco peppers. The peppers have been in there a long time. I can use the sauce in cooking and not hurt anyone, but the peppers are always atomic.

"Every [child] has the right to a first fish. On this particular planet, no man is granted a greater privelege than to be present and to assist in the realization of this moment". Bill Heavey

Last edited by JoJer; 01-30-2012 at 06:12 PM.
Old 01-20-2012, 06:35 AM

fire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyshstykr View Post
Wasabi!
REAL Wasabi! From the ground Wasabi root, and not the artificial Wasabu, made from horseradish, mustard, and green food dye.... (Unfortunately, true Wasabi is VERY expensive, and relatively difficult to find.)

"A leader with great passion and few skills always outperforms a leader with great skills and little passion." Chief Rick Lasky